Tgtack

Race for the Big Show, the 1276 build

19richie66

Looking sharp!

• Like 1

Tgtack

Busy day today, sandblasted all the engine tins and brackets, primed and painted. Finally started bolting parts back onto the frame tonight.

20170611_003523.jpg

20170611_015304.jpg

• Like 1

squonk
3 hours ago, Tgtack said:

Busy day today, sandblasted all the engine tins and brackets, primed and painted. Finally started bolting parts back onto the frame tonight.

20170611_003523.jpg

20170611_015304.jpg

I saw those doors in the background and at first I thought you were painting in your living room!! :bow-blue::banana-wrench:

• Like 5

Tgtack

Good one! 30 year old industrial carpet squares from carpet change out at work. They never wear out, just a really ugly brown. Cheapskate doors. My garage door is a non standard 10'x7''. A standard 9'x7' door is about $300 on sale. Of course mine is "special" order at $750. No way. So, four standard interior house doors, some hinges, screws, and left over SS continuous hinge, and I have a four panel double bifold door for $110.  Held up pretty good for last 7 years, about time to replace the panels though!

• Like 4

953 nut
12 hours ago, Tgtack said:

ndustrial carpet squares from carpet change out at work. They never wear out,

Got to be more comfortable to work on than a concrete slab.

• Like 2

Tgtack

Things are moving along, continued building up the frame bolting all the various parts back on. Got held up yesterday for about four hours sanding down a nylon spacer to use as a bushing for one of the rods associated with the auto lever. Was really hot and windy, so not very good for painting the odds and ends I missed earlier. Decided to use the shiny zinc plated grade 5 hardware from tractor supply. Figured since this one will not really be in service, corrosion should not be an issue. Still have to get the hood, seat pan, and side cover prepped for paint, and get the engine cleaned up and painted.

20170611_225050.jpg

20170611_225119.jpg

• Like 4

stratostar250

Looking great!! :handgestures-thumbupright: You can do it.  I went from this to this in the past two weeks.  She's a good 5 footer, lol, but I'm happy with how it's coming out.  I understand the feeling you have! I took it apart in December, but for some reason, barely dove into it until a few weeks ago.  I felt the pressure of the arrival of the big show!! (Not to mention, I needed to finish the 520 for the feature tractor this year)

r1.thumb.jpg.f005289bc696f0305eb10fb5f9d745c3.jpg

20170611_215535.jpg.31fde1914376a468e4b26b85c7bbf2e7.jpg

Edited by stratostar250
  • Like 3

Tgtack
2 hours ago, stratostar250 said:

Looking great!! :handgestures-thumbupright: You can do it.  I went from this to this in the past two weeks.  She's a good 5 footer, lol, but I'm happy with how it's coming out.  I understand the feeling you have! I took it apart in December, but for some reason, barely dove into it until a few weeks ago.  I felt the pressure of the arrival of the big show!! (Not to mention, I needed to finish the 520 for the feature tractor this year)

r1.thumb.jpg.f005289bc696f0305eb10fb5f9d745c3.jpg

20170611_215535.jpg.31fde1914376a468e4b26b85c7bbf2e7.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement, looks great. Biggest issue is the heat this week, absolutely kills me due to the MS, moving pretty slow. Wind has kept me from painting for days as well, still have to get engine cleaned and touched up, side cover, hood, fender pan, fuel tank, and wheels prepped and painted!

• Like 2

Tgtack

Last night finished up the head stand, steering rod, left side pedals and linkage. Had to respray my engine tins, too many dry spots from the wind Saturday.

20170612_233652.jpg

• Like 3

Tgtack

Engine is almost ready for the tins to go back on, looks far different than it did yesterday. I think I dug out about 10 lbs of dirt from all the nooks and crannies. Top cylinder looks almost to nice to hide it!

20170614_215443.jpg

20170614_215429.jpg

• Like 3

Tgtack

Tonight the engine made it's way back on the frame, and got the fuel tank cleaned and painted. Working on the generator now. New carb suppossed to be here tomorrow or Saturday.

20170616_003819.jpg

20170616_003832.jpg

• Like 5

Tgtack

Been super busy, so no time for posting. Finished for the most part at 2am this morning, and left for the show around noon. Made it to the fairgrounds around 7pm. Have an issue with either the new carb or governor adjustment as it is not making full power. So if anyone has an idea as to what's up with it, and up are around the tent area in the morning, stop by. Am in a long black and red tent, first one on right as you come down the road to the camping area. Black Jeep Commander next to the tent. Have to clean it up from the rain and put the decals on in the morning as well.

20170622_112412.jpg

• Like 5

WHX??

Sounds like you are in the right place for a hand in getting it running right!

• Like 5

Tgtack
10 hours ago, WHX11 said:

Sounds like you are in the right place for a hand in getting it running right!

I adjusted the high speed jet and got it staightened out, runs great now.

• Like 5

953 nut
1 hour ago, Tgtack said:

runs great now.

:text-coolphotos:            :woohoo::woohoo:

• Like 1

Tgtack

Just got back home, had a great time, unfortunately didn't get a chance to meet many people as we got there late Thursday eve, and had to spend some time Friday getting some bugs worked out and get my decals on. Still have some detail work to do on it. Never touched the wheels and tires, so need to get some new tires and get the rims painted. Here are a couple pics with the main decals applied.

20170624_200615.jpg

20170624_200651.jpg

20170624_200701.jpg

Edited by Tgtack
  • Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Stunning.   Real nice    :bow-blue:

Glenn

• Like 1

Tgtack
7 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Stunning.   Real nice    :bow-blue:

Glenn

Thanks Glenn, started on it in early May, and quickly ran into some major issues. This one had seen some very heavy use over the years, any moving part with a hole in it was literally worn out.  The frame mount had broken at least three times. Just happened to pick up a perfect 1968 long frame and front axle in early June, and that is what let me get it to the point it is right now. Fender pan and rims are the last big items remaining to get done.

• Like 2