Jamie Darian Brown

Tiller question

Jamie Darian Brown

Will a 36" tiller off a C141 work on a B80 8 speed?    As far as hook ups and such....    

Lane Ranger

There were special instructions on the 76 and 77  Wheel Horse tractors  for the later tilers.    There should be a Special Service Bulletin on Red Square for this.    The  issue is the way the rockshaft lift in the rear  works on the Pre-1978 tractors for the tiller.

1976 and 1977 B and C-Series tractors require Service Assembly 105162
1975 and prior models require Service Assembly 105105

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

Jamie Darian Brown

Thank you :-)  

So I can modify it to fit my B 80.....?  Just may need to source some parts and alter some things?  

Where can I find the Special Service Bulletin?  

Racinbob

You won't need to modify the tiller at all. You may or may not have the rock shaft under the seat. They tend to be somewhat year sensitive. In 1978 the fuel tank was moved under the seat changing the design of the shaft. Take a look at this:

It's item #66. I'm guessing you have a 76 or 77 B-80 so this would be what you need. You can actually get by without the rock shaft but lifting the tiller works better with it. The axle bracket and front idler will interchange. :)

• Like 1

Jamie Darian Brown

Ok.   I found a tiller that will work and with it comes the bracket to hook it to back and the idler

assembly for the belt.  The only thing the idler assembly is missing  is the spring and the pulleys and the guard.  I can fab up a belt guard and buy a spring and pulleys.  My questions is what size are the two pulleys.... the smaller flat and the bigger v ...?   

Thanks for all your help y'all