Tim.0

charger 12 new problem clutch

Tim.0

I seem to be missing the clutch shaft, the bearing is bad and the piece to the left. Does the piece to the left go with this assembly? Looks like there is  a ring around it for a snap ring. the piece is a 14-54 bearing race and if I put it in the pulley assembly then I can not put the pulley assembly on the PTO shaft. Maybe it is to reduce for a smaller shaft?

The bearing inside must be a press fit? I have not had time yet to remove the snap ring. This would be the bearing by the snap ring you can see, the needle bearings look okay.

I suppose I could try and get a bearing from the bearing store but then I still need the clutch shaft to match up the size Looks like the clutch shaft goes inside the bearing and there is a snap ring to hold it in place from a diagram IC.

Would the pulley from a commander 800 be the same, I c one for sale. Has the manual clutch shaft on it.

Thanks  Tim O

wh clutch 2.jpg

wh clutch.jpg

daveoman1966

Here are a few pics that I hope will help put this together for you.  Your PTO bell is missing the outer 'stub'.  The bearing race (noted as Crankshaft Sleeve in pic)   you have should sllide onto the engine crankshaft...if it doesn't then it is too small. If it  is too small,  then you have a 1" ID race and it should be 1 1/8" ID race (I have one on Ebay now).  The little slot in the bearing race is NOT for a snap ring.  It is for the 2 keepers to hold it onto the crankshaft .  The 2  keepers are bolted on top of the clutch disc which is thereby also secured to the crankshaft.  

1) slide the race fully onto the crankshaft

2) fit the clutch disc over the race and fit...by hand..hold the two keepers atop the clutch disc so that the edge of the keepers fit into the little slot of the race.

3) use 4 short 1/4-20 bolts by threading each thru the holes in the keeper and disc, to thread into the crankshaft pulley behind the disc.

4) slide the PTO belt onto the now mounted bearing race.  

The PTO engagement lever holds the PTO bell onto the crankshaft., by attaching to the outer stub in the PTO bell.   

PTO PULLEY (3).JPG

PTO PULLEY (11).JPG

PTO PULLEY 1a).jpg

RAID 12 (2)a.jpeg

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 3

daveoman1966

Here is a schematic of what the PTO looks like..... You are missing # 75   and maybe # 59 & 62 

The bearing race is # 54 and the internal roller bearing is # 57.  56 is a seal

zz.jpg

• Like 4

oldlineman

Was going to reply but can't improve on what Dave has stated with words and pictures!

• Like 2

Tim.0

I need the seal, bearing, clutch shaft. The retaining ring must be the snap ring.

Thank you so much, Just a terrific job with pictures and everything.

Tim O

Edited by Tim.0
  • Like 1

daveoman1966

I don't want to confuse the issue here, but I've located a better schematic and parts detail list.  

This is Pats Warehouse link:

http://www.psep1.biz/arinet.asp?aribrand=TO#/Toro_Consumer/1-0301%2c_Raider_10_Tractor%2c_1972/14.050_MANUAL_P.T.O._(PLATE_14.3)/1-0301-520-1972/A-5309-5309009B-00014

my direct email address is:  

daveoman@windstream.net

1969-72 PTO LIST.xlsx

pto raider.jpg

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Like 3

Tim.0

I copied this Thank You

Tim O

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• the jeep driver
      By the jeep driver
      My daughter was using the Wheel Horse rider to mow, I was push mowing.  She drives over to me and says, "Dad, the blades aren't turning." I look at the mower, she's got the blades engaged (lever forward) but nothing is moving.  I disengage the blades, and re-engage... nothing.  No movement from the belt nor clutch.  Then I notice the smell, and look closer, the belt is so hot is melting on the clutch.  Or rather, the clutch is so hot it's melting the belt.  Melting occurred. 

While the clutch is disengaged, I can spin the clutch freely; and whilst it's engaged, it won't move. 

So, what did I do now?  Peter told me to lube that needle bearing, but I couldn't find a write up/how to anywhere, so I was putting it off until after the leaves were done falling in the Fall.  I haven't taken anything off yet, other than the pins that hold the pinion and such, and the little brake pad.  I see there are two snap rings, assume they come off, and then the assembly slides out as a whole? 

Some pictures of the clutch, can anyone tell if it's usable from them?

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      Its been a while since I was able to work on my 416-8 rebuilt and right now the few brain cells are having a tough time.
      I am in the process of putting the wiring harness back in and the problem is the clutch safety switch.
      The arm with the idler wheel that engages the switch is over ridding the switch arm.
      I had tried adjusting the rod from the peddle to the arm but no matter my adjustment I still have the problem
      I am kinda at my wits end on this one.
      Any help will be greatly appreciated
      Bob

• John A
      By John A
      The clutch spring  on my 308-8 broke, so the tractor stopped dead.   It was easy to see the broken red spring,  after I removed the right rear wheel.   I  was able to order a replacement spring which I replaced today.  Problem now there is too much slack on the drive belt.  The tractor will move, but barely as if the drive belt is not tight and slipping.  It seems that the clutch pulley isn't applying enough force against the belt.  I have  tried adjusting the clutch rod but that doesn't seem to make a difference.  It only changes the position of the clutch pedal .  I don't see any other adjustment option to put more pressure on the drive belt.  The belt is old, but seems acceptable.  Before the clutch spring, broke, the tractor would jump out in any gear.  No slippage. 
    • Aeladon
      By Aeladon
      I actually work at a lawn and garden dealership. A friend of mine is trying to restore his GT-14 and he needs a clutch. Toro's IPL are incomplete but I managed to find the pdf for the parts list elsewhere. I came up with a number of 9656 for the electric clutch which subbed to a 101473; both of which are discontinued. So here is my question... Does someone out there have the manufacturers number for that clutch. I have access to about 30 different manufacturers so i could probably find a clutch that would work but most of them don't publish shaft sizes in an intelligible format. With the manufacturer's number I could probably easily substitute it.

Any help is greatly appreciated - this sight has helped me in the past, personally and professionally so I know if anybody can help it will be you guys. 

Thanks,
      Ael
    • snrohio2288
      By snrohio2288
      Hi Guys, new here. About a year ago I bought a house which came with a nice 208-4. The tractor was abandoned by the owners of the house in the shed as it "wouldn't start anymore".
      Turns out mice had made a nest in the engine shroud and chewed through the spark plug wire. A new coil and battery later and she has been serving me well for a year.

The other day though, after stepping on the clutch and letting go, the tractor didn't move anymore. Came to find out my clutch spring had broke (found part of it in the yard).
      I ordered a new OEM spring and it arrived. The problem I am having is I can't seem to find where the other end of the spring attaches to the frame.
      I have a diagram I found online but it simply says "hole in frame opening".

Does anyone know or have a similar model they can look at and guide me where this spring goes?
      See attached diagram.

Thanks