Dhodge

welding table

WHX??

Now that is a REALLY nice way to do things Hodges ... thanks for sharing! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

stevebo

That is one sweet set up. Everything you need is right there! 

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

VERY nice setup.

Ed Kennell

WOW is all I can say about that.  :happy-wavemulticolor::happy-wavemulticolor::happy-wavemulticolor:

KC9KAS

Very nice & handy!

JPWH

Now that's a custom welding/work table! Very well built!

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:         You have more cool toys on one cart than most of us have in our shop.         :woohoo:

• Like 1

oldlineman

Now you need to go into mass production and start to take orders. I just prop whatever I am welding on anything that is handy, and will not burn! your way is the way to go, very nice. Now something else I don't have that I can wish for. :rolleyes: Bob 

• Like 1

Sarge

Very nice job , wish I could move mine around , but then again - it's over 1,000lbs and stays put quite well . I've knocked my lower back out of line twice bumping into the dumb thing and beat bent parts back into shape using a sledge hammer on it , no problem with the 1" thick X-top but moving that thing in the shop takes some serious hydraulic power and last time we moved it resulted in 4 broken furniture dollies . For outside work I have an old trailer I modified for a welding/air station and that's worked out well - it was originally intended to go out and do field work but life got in the way of a business I should have done given the current state of local welders that will travel/work on stuff in the field - all of them are retiring now .

For those that are serious about welding and want a fab table built in heaven - check these out ....

https://weldtables.com/

Btw- hate to let the cat out of the bag - but if you join their mailing list they are going to give away a table this summer....I'd love to have the massive 4'x10 Fab Block designed table top , and make it a portable outdoor unit . They haven't said which one is going on the giveaway , but I'm sure it would be a smaller unit but even those are amazing . I did get one of their square kits already , very well designed and all laser cut exactly to size . A very stoutly built design that should serve well ..

Sarge

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

A gem of an idea, really is.

Glenn

obone

Any idea what it weighs? Are the top slabs separate or did you cut groves? What type of wheels are those? Is it easy to push around? How stable is it? Thanks!

Dhodge
2 minutes ago, obone said:

Any idea what it weighs? Are the top slabs separate or did you cut groves? What type of wheels are those? Is it easy to push around? How stable is it? Thanks!

I not sure what it weighs, maybe 200 lbs if I were to guess.  Top slabs are separate and I spaced them so as to be able to clamp down work any place on the table.  It also allows me to "pinch mount" items like the vise so I can move it anyplace on the table.  I just used square steel stock with a welded nut on bottom and a mounting bolt.  Wheels are just solid rubber casters.  They all swivel and they all lock.  Makes it nice to push it out of the garage and into the driveway if I want to work out there.  It is very stable, I'm sure it will hold a minimum of 500 LBS.  The top plate is 1/2" thick steel.  I plan on welding in a frame opposite of the chop saw to mount a toolbox under table top to store grinder accessories and die grinders and tooling.

• Like 2

Jerry77
On 6/1/2017 at 10:46 AM, Sarge said:

it's over 1,000lbs and stays put quite well

My welding table is 36" x 60" all out of 1/2 inch plate (legs and all ) - weighs in at about 600 pounds and doesn't move - even when I want it to..

would trade Dhodge in a minute tho -  really nice table..at my age I'm about out of the welding business tho -leave that to you young guys...lol..:)