RJC1965

My first Wheel Horse

AMC RULES

Congrats...   :greetings-clapyellow:

great lookin' :wh: there. 

• Like 2

ACman

Welcome to  :rs: and the IMG_1880.PNG.d52648c461665896afa28800c02399ad.PNG ... :woohoo:

• Like 1

EricF

Very nice Horse! :text-welcomeconfetti: I started my addiction with a 520H this spring, very much like yours. You'll love how well it'll power its way through the tough work. I've come to think of the 520H as sort of the "muscle car" version of the Wheel horse design -- big, powerful, and pretty much maxxed-out as far as the design can go. Winter's worst will be no problem with that 2-stage snowthrower!

I see in your pictures that it's got the wrong kind of clip holding the PTO together. It should have a wire lock pin through it that will stay put but won't bind up or shift like a hairpin clip can. Here's a picture of the same area on mine (bad lighting on a cellphone camera...) with the correct type of clip:

iDOSOd8h.jpg

You can find these clips at any good hardware store that has the drawers of individual nuts and bolts and things, at some place like Tractor Supply or Rural King, or even big box stores' hardware section, usually in the "hard to find" drawers or bins.

In general, a lot of the hardware that holds Wheel Horse tractors and attachments together is simple standard hardware and clips and pins -- things you don't have to go to a dealer to get (expensive) specialized parts for. That's one of the things that makes it so enjoyable to keep these tractors -- routine upkeep and repairs are straightforward, no-nonsense and simple. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 3

Racinbob

Now that there is a dandy start and will cause you to acquire a full blown case of incurable Wheel Horse Addiction at a rapid pace.:D

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:   Like Bob says....nice start.  

Put the FEL on this one,  then get another one with a cab for the big snow chucker, then get another one for the mower deck, etc.

• Like 5

AlwaysLookin80

Very nice 

• Like 1

WHX??

Congrats RJ ...  glad to see you got that one. might want to consider one of Matt's pedal kit as you might need one hand free for the loader controls. Any problems with her let us know as there are many experts here on 520's.

• Like 1

Achto

Great looking tractor!!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice 1st one, you will see what I mean.     :text-welcomeconfetti:             :wh:

Glenn

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I just noticed it is missing the rubber seal ring that seals the oil filter to the tins.   This helps to increase the air flow across the rear cylinder.    There are many posts on here detailing the things that can be done to keep the rear cylinder cool.  Just do a search and read these posts.

• Like 4

953 nut
8 hours ago, RJC1965 said:

I am excited to join the group now what to get next

:WRS:     The 520 is the feature tractor at the "Big Show" load her up and come join the fun!   :text-coolphotos:

http://new.wheelhorsecc.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

• Like 2

steelman

Very nice looking machine! Welcome to Red Square👌

• Like 1

Tgtack
7 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Nice 1st one, you will see what I mean.     :text-welcomeconfetti:             :wh:

Glenn

Tell me about it, currently have four!

And welcome to Red Square!

• Like 2

jay bee

:WRS:  RJC1965.  Very nice start on your future collection.  I started with one and there are now four out in the barn!!!  Once you get past three:wh: , no one (meaning the one who must be obeyed) notices when another :wh: shows up.  Good luck with the Horse and we're glad your here.

Jim

• Like 2

Tgtack
57 minutes ago, jay bee said:

:WRS:  RJC1965.  Very nice start on your future collection.  I started with one and there are now four out in the barn!!!  Once you get past three:wh: , no one (meaning the one who must be obeyed) notices when another :wh: shows up.  Good luck with the Horse and we're glad your here.

Jim

Not true, mine keeps count, something to do with the Kohls card!

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

:WRS: That is a very nice first Horse...while they are fun to collect, your first one will always have that special place. :thanks: fofor all the :text-coolphotos:

Edited by Professor1990
  • Like 2

Retired Wrencher

RJC1965 :WRS:  A fine start for you enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
8 hours ago, Tgtack said:

Not true, mine keeps count, something to do with the Kohls card!

Hmmm,   Mrs K uses a "New Math" equation.      :wh: + :auto-nascar: + :auto-biker: +gun + boat = cruise/year

I think I'll take her to an Island this year.....I hear TMI has a nice tour, and it's only a 30 mile drive and not too expensive.  :scared-eek:

• Like 2

elliot ness

Sweet mother of Wheel Horse's you got my favorite model 520H.:text-bravo:and:text-welcomeconfetti:

RJC1965

Thank you all for the warm welcome and for pointing out some things to fix. I am going to replace that pin asap and will need to look at that plug at the rear cylinder to keep it cool. I am glad I took some close ups since it's my first Horse I was hoping if anything was amiss someone would notice. I know I will have questions in the near future but I know I am in good hands on this site. 

Rod 

• Like 2

Tgtack
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Hmmm,   Mrs K uses a "New Math" equation.      :wh: + :auto-nascar: + :auto-biker: +gun + boat = cruise/year

I think I'll take her to an Island this year.....I hear TMI has a nice tour, and it's only a 30 mile drive and not too expensive.  :scared-eek:

Hey, the company I work for owns the TMI unit 2 site! We "inherited" it in a buyout to expand our power distribution territory. As far as the guns go, unless I can show where I either traded or sold/bought, out comes the Kohls/JCPenny cards!

• Like 1

TDF5G

Congratulations on your first :wh:!  She looks mighty fine.  You will enjoy it.  Fun to use and fun & easy to maintain and repair.

:handgestures-thumbupright: