Sign in to follow this  
Projekt B-60

K161 (7hp) Connecting Rod

Projekt B-60

I am in the process of rebuilding my K161 for my 'lil B-60. After using the "search" feature, I have a couple of questions:

1) Will the K161 and K181 have the same diameter cylinder bore, with the stroke being the only difference?

2) If the above is correct, I should be able to use a K181 piston, correct?

(no differences in piston dome shape?)

3) What are my oprtions for obtaining a new K161 connecting rod? I'm going to the trouble of rebuilding this little fella, so I want to do it correctly. Any other engines use this same connecting rod?

4) If possible, does anyone have the Kohler OEM p/n for a K161 connecting rod or where I can find this number?

5) If I wanted to convert my K161 to a K181, all I would need is a crank and connecting rod from a K181? Or will I also need cam, valves, etc?

Basically it comes down to obtaining a new connecting rod or something else that will work. I hate to have this engine rebuilt and then suffer rod failure a year or two down the road.

Sorry for all the questions, but the K161 pull-start seems to be somewhat rare..... I can't find much info/parts for it.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Projekt B-60

Never mind, I was able to obtain a connecting rod directly from a local Kohler parts dealer.