Tgtack

What is this engine worth?

Tgtack

I picked up my parts today, and in the deal was this engine. It is an 8hp Tecumseh, pull start and it has an electric starter that plugs into 110 AC. Never seen one like this. Runs good, includes a new carb with it (not pictured). Any idea what this is worth?

20170527_170251.jpg

20170527_170309(0).jpg

20170527_170340.jpg

20170527_170402.jpg

Edited by Tgtack
  • Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have seen starters like that on some old Toro mowers , can't remember any thing much about the mowers except the starter. 

Tgtack

Apprently it is off a snow blower, no idea of its value or possile use. I have a blown 7hp Tecumseh pull start engine that I might check to see if the tins will swap allowing removal of the ac starter.

jnbimplements

A snowblower was what came to my mind when you said the starter was 110 volt. Snowblowers are the only machines that I have seen with 110 volt starters. 

Racinbob

If it will work you'd probably have to swap the flywheel too. I had a recoil tecky on a generator and the flywheel didn't have teeth. :)

6bg6ga
15 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I have seen starters like that on some old Toro mowers , can't remember any thing much about the mowers except the starter. 

The engine is probably off a older John Deere 824 Snow Blower. If you wish to have a starter you can swap the internals with a 12 volt starter. I believe someone mentioned Toro used a 12 volt starter like that and I believe they are correct. It looks like a  TM80 series Tecumseh engine?

BaySide1

is it off an Ariens Snoblower?

6bg6ga

You had asked what is this engine worth. I don't believe you ever got an answer. I sold one off a snow blower for $100.00   It ran fine but could have stood a new needle and seat.  I guess their worth what you can get out of them. Surely different parts of the counrty will yeild different selling prices. I personally wouldn't be in a hurry to sell it. If I had it  would be sitting on one of my shelves with a little oil in the cylinder the gas drained from the carb and inside a plastic bag.