carlosking450

Kohler k161

carlosking450

Hello friends I have a doubt, the dash that is in the steering wheel to match the dash of the deck, is the point of making the valve adjustment, right?

pfrederi

I don't quite understand your post.  Are you talking about steering wheel alignment or engine valves adjustment??

carlosking450

Of the adjustment of the valves. The correct position to make the adjustment is in the cycle of compression, whose mark is the stripe of the steering wheel q coincides with the housing of the engine cover

pfrederi

Got  it.  The translator is coming up with steering wheel.  What you are talking about is the flywheel.  You want the "T" mark (Top Dead Center) in the center of the viewing hole.  (The "S" or sometimes "P" mark is for the spark timing not setting valves.

• Like 1

carlosking450

I only see a mark through the window and the piston is up and the valves are closed is there where I have to perform the adjustment of valves true? Sorry for the translation

• Like 1

pfrederi

Yes piston all the way up valves closed then use your feeler gauge to set valves.  I usually have the head off when i do it to make absolutely sure that i am at TDC Top Dead Center

Your English is much better than my Spainish

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

carlosking450

Haha my english is better for the translator of internet. My engine does not have tdc but thanks a lot for your help

• Like 1

Dakota8338
On 5/27/2017 at 8:39 AM, carlosking450 said:

My engine does not have tdc but thanks a lot for your help

TDC (Top Dead Center) is a mechanical term which means the highest point (or farthest distance) a piston can travel from the crankshaft it is attached to.  Most often TDC is used in reference to the number one cylinders piston, but each piston regardless of the number of cylinders in the engine has or will reach its own TDC position once during each complete revolution of the crankshaft.   

rmaynard

Carlos, on the K161, there is no easy adjustment for those valves. If the gap is too small, the valve stem has to be ground to make the gap bigger. If the gap is too big, you either have to grind the valves and seats which will close the gap, or replace the valve which will also require the stem to be ground.

I hope your translator understands what I have tried to tell you.

carlosking450

Hello my friend, my translator worked well.
I had to fit new valves and grind the valve stem to adjust.
This weekend I started it and it worked very well.
I am very grateful for your help thanks