SylvanLakeWH

Sad Day...

SylvanLakeWH

Yesterday was a very tough day. Had to put our Springer Spaniel down...

Mokee was loyal, faithful, ALWAYS there for everyone, to the end...

I am sure he has already stolen the keys to the pearly gates and is running in crazy circles while St. Peter tries to get them back, dug a few holes in God's lawn, and is barking up a storm at everything...

Rest in Peace Little Friend...

IMG_1760.jpg.5aa67c644004a073de98936ba13

• Like 8

DennisThornton

My faithful gal is fading & I'm dreading the day myself... 

• Like 1

rmaynard

I feel your loss Jim, and your anticipated loss Dennis. We lost all three of our beloved cats within a 10 month period last year, with the most recent the day before Christmas.  Granted, they were all 16 years old, but that doesn't help. We were lucky to have had them, and you were lucky to have yours. 

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Jim, sorry for your loss.  I know how your family is feeling right now. We went through this two years ago. I'm sure that Mokee was greeted by my Oke' at the end of the the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. Probably comparing notes about their crazy owners with their Black Hoods!  :)  My tribute to Oke' was to save and adopt another rescue Malamute.

• Like 1

slim67
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Yesterday was a very tough day. Had to put our Springer Spaniel down...

Mokee was loyal, faithful, ALWAYS there for everyone, to the end...

I am sure he has already stolen the keys to the pearly gates and is running in crazy circles while St. Peter tries to get them back, dug a few holes in God's lawn, and is barking up a storm at everything...

Rest in Peace Little Friend...

Im sorry for your loss JIm. Im sure you gave him a life he may not have had with others. Its hard not to feel any pain over this as my wife and I are dog people to and have been through it. Remember all dogs go to Heaven.

• Like 1

Racinbob

Sorry for your loss Jim. That's one of the hardest things to do but take comfort in the fact that you did the best thing for your beloved pet.

• Like 1

rjg854

I've been there myself, sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

EricF

I feel for your loss -- pets are furry friends and family, and as deeply missed when the inevitable comes.

• Like 1

WHX??

Like all of you fellas I've had dogs all of my life, I always tried not to get too attached but it never worked. When it's time for our Lucy to go Cindy and I say this will be our last. Probably not gonna happen either.

Condolences  to you and your family Jim

• Like 1

JimmyJam

Truly sorry for your loss. They are "our" devoted companions with unconditional love.

• Like 1

JPWH

Sorry for your loss. I know your friend will be missed.

Jay

• Like 1

pfrederi

I am sure Mokee will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.  just hope he and my two kitties get on well in the  mean time.

rainbow bridge.JPG

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

Many thanks all for the warms thoughts and support.

This site really is unique - what a great group of people...

• Like 3

slim67
6 hours ago, WHX11 said:

Like all of you fellas I've had dogs all of my life, I always tried not to get too attached but it never worked. When it's time for our Lucy to go Cindy and I say this will be our last. Probably not gonna happen either.

Condolences  to you and your family Jim

Fortunately for a dog that needs a good home, you changing your mind will be a good thing. 

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Sorry to hear the news, Just a couple months back I had to put my English bulldog down, old age and health problems. It's never easy ,, I sure know what your feeling. 

The other side of the coin, we got a rescue dog a few weeks back, a beagle mix of a bunch of differant who knows what, geez,, I start thinking now that I am getting old, this dog might outlive,me.  Now sir, isn't that a kick in the behind.

Glenn

• Like 1

19richie66

I feel your pain. We had to put down our Boston terrier last year due to a stroke and then two weeks ago we had to put down our old man, "sponge". I didn't name him as we inherited him when his owner passed away. He was friends with my wife and mother n law before I came into the picture. Even though I had only been around Sponge for 3 years, it was hard. I held his paw and wiped tears while they did thier work. He just couldn't get up any more. He had a hard life before we got him but he was pampered his last three years. They are family and its hard to let go. I wish you the best, Richie

IMG_4844.JPG

• Like 1

c-series don

I'm very sorry for your loss, and I definitely know your pain. I still can't bring myself to get another dog after the loss of my best friend /Springer Spaniel Wallace a year and a half ago. I was very fortunate to be able to bring him to work with me where part of my job was putting on real English style driven pheasant shoots. He simply couldn't get enough flushing and retrieving, his tail would go NON STOP! Wallace and I were inseparable, he spent many hours on a bulldozer, backhoe, farm tractor etc. with me, both of us smiling knowing how lucky we were. Thank you Pfrederi for posting that poem,as I feel like he took part of my soul with him when he passed. I cried more when I had to put him down then when some humans close to me passed. So here's a few photos I'd like to share because looking at them helps me ease the pain. Heck I can't forget my wifes springer Jake who also passed, he's the one with the hat on at the beach!! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

r356c

not-forgotten-fountain.jpg

• Like 3