Tgtack

Lifting the front up in the air

Tgtack

On one of my 857's, I found the welds on one side of the crossbar that the pedals mount to is broken. Will it hurt the engine if I pick the front up at about a 45 degree angle so I can get under it to weld up the bar? Just worried about the oil in the engine.

prondzy

Should be just fine

• Like 3

cschannuth
16 minutes ago, Tgtack said:

On one of my 857's, I found the welds on one side of the crossbar that the pedals mount to is broken. Will it hurt the engine if I pick the front up at about a 45 degree angle so I can get under it to weld up the bar? Just worried about the oil in the engine.

This is how I clean my mower decks. I just let them sit for a few minutes after lowering them before I start them.  I haven't had any issues. 

image.jpeg.8675ee3c5fb76483ba48e7d484fcff73.jpeg

• Like 9

Tgtack

Nice lift, thanks.

• Like 1

953 nut

I have used a heavy fabric sling and an engine hoist for mower blade replacement for years, no problem.

• Like 1

cschannuth
7 hours ago, Tgtack said:

Nice lift, thanks.

That lift was a harbor freight special. It was one of their coupon deals and it was less than $80 if I remember correctly.   It is relatively heavy duty, works well, and I've been pretty happy with it. 

EricF

I've had some good finds with Harbor Freight for various things over the years, too. Nice Torino in the background, too! :handgestures-thumbup:

Edited by EricF