bryanw1968

1977 Wheel Horse C-120

bryanw1968

Hello,  I'm new to the forum.  I have a 1977 C - 120 Wheel Horse 12 HP electric start with a trailer.  It's been in my family for almost 25 years.  Then it sat for a while and needed a lot of attention.  I've replaced the battery, plug, tires front and back, changed the dif and crank case oil.  Muffler rusted and fell apart.  I replaced it with a modern stack type muffler.  Also rebuilt the carburetor.  Sharpened blades and has new belts.  It has a real transmission and high/low gear ranges.  My question is..........What is this thing worth?  I really don't want to sell it but I just don't have the time to keep working on it.  Oh and I have the steering wheel but it was cracked so I'm using vise grips for now.

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0652.JPG

• Like 9

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: Bryan!!!  As a general rule, a tractor is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it.  These :wh: tractors were built to last and were probably built better than many of the tractors sold at the big box stores that cost in the thousands.  That said, and if I were a buyer, as long as there are no engine issues such as noises, smoking, fuel or electrical problems, for the tractor, the deck and the trailer and with a working steering wheel, I would be in the $400 to $600 range.  Again, that is just my opinion and price range.  I'm sure others will chime in here with their thoughts.  Price is also dependent on the area that it is in and the availability of :wh: tractors in that area.

Again, :text-welcomeconfetti: and we are glad you're here :greetings-clappingyellow:

Jim

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:  I think Jim is about right on the price. Location may be your biggest help, no too many :wh: in Texas so you may find a willing buyer who would pay a bit more rather than going out of state to get one.

• Like 2

SPINJIM

Up here in the Northeast, $300 to $400 would be about it, but they're probably harder to find in Texas, and might go for more.   The Ag tires help it, but the overall rust and steering wheel hurt it.   I'd fix the steering wheel so that potential buyers could drive it.

Nice Chevy pick up.  What year?

Jim

• Like 2

bryanw1968

SPINJIM,

It's a '68 C10.  I've had it a long time and have completely gone through it.

• Like 1