slammer302

520xi

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
14 minutes ago, Texas Todd said:

Looks nice! I am picking up a 520xi Wednesday myself. May have to upgrade the decals as well! Let us know how you get the old ones off.

I use a hair dryer to peel back the old decals to get them off, allways worked pretty good. Then clean residue glue with goof off or whatever works, 

Glenn

slammer302
1 hour ago, Texas Todd said:

Looks nice! I am picking up a 520xi Wednesday myself. May have to upgrade the decals as well! Let us know how you get the old ones off.

I believe the decals are on sale.

Texas Todd
4 hours ago, slammer302 said:

I believe the decals are on sale.

Cool. I have only seen pictures, so I will need to evaluate once I get it. Closest :wh: trip yet. About 20 miles....

4 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

I use a hair dryer to peel back the old decals to get them off, allways worked pretty good. Then clean residue glue with goof off or whatever works, 

Glenn

I figured that with a little goof off. That stuff really works well. Just have to watch any paint.

• Like 1

19richie66

If I had to pull the motor to change a regulator, Id make a patch to fit in the stock hole and move the regulator up in the housing just above the frame. As long as its in the fan air, it would be ok. Nice tractor.

slammer302

Here's a pic of the decals installed looks pretty good for 34$. I used a hair dryer to remove the old decals worked good except for one side the adhesive stayed stuck to the panel. WD-40 worked pretty good at removing it also 90% rubbing alcohol worked also. Tried sum decal adhesive remover but it took the paint off with it.

IMG_20170618_172752847_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Texas Todd

Those look outstanding!!

• Like 1

EricF

Those really dress it up! :flags-usa:

Texas Todd

I picked it up today. Yes, the new decals are a must. Those really do POP compared to the stock ones. I will start a thread, when I get mine going. Looks like the only major snafu is the front bumper trim. I like what you did and just made another bumper. Did you just fab that up?

These sure have a different feel from the classics!

slammer302

I just used a bumper from a craftsman or a big box store mower and cut the mounting brackets down a little and bent them out a touch and welded it on. Can't wait to see sum pics