Kyleknapp5

In the works of building a puller, I've never built a pulling tractor.. anyone who wants to answer some questions or supply advice would be totally awesome 🤘🏻

RandyLittrell
1 hour ago, Kyleknapp5 said:

In the works of building a puller, I've never built a pulling tractor.. anyone who wants to answer some questions or supply advice would be totally awesome 🤘🏻

Figure out what group you are going to pull with and then post the rules where we can see them and give advice. The wheel horses are gonna be best at stock pulling. 

Randy

• Like 1

Kyleknapp5
2 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

i understand the rules of where I'll be pulling, was really looking for someone to answer a few questions about my build, such as, 

can I weld the rears together? 

Will adjusting pulley sizes make a difference? 

Good places for performance parts for my motor? (K181)

RandyLittrell

You can weld them together, but its not really a good idea. Makes it hard to steer when your front ends up. Some clubs don't allow it either. 

They really don't make anything in the way of performance parts for 8 hp Kohlers. Is this a stock class? Stock means stock as far as the rules go. 

Yes on the pulley, will take some time pulling to find out what works for your tractor. 

Wasn't trying to say you didn't understand the rules, but the rules determine what you can do to tractor and motor. Thats why I wanted to see them. 

Good luck. 

Randy

RandyLittrell

Those rules are pretty open. Up to 2 cylinders means you will be pulling against guys running twin kohlers. 

If you really want to pull with that group and do well, you probably should get a Cub Cadet and be willing to spend some money. 

Around here we divide into different HP classes plus rules on motors being stock or hot stock. 

Hate to see you modify a 854 trying to keep up with those guys. 

Not trying to discourage you, just being honest. 

Maybe go to a pull or two and see whats pulling, that will give you an idea if you can hang with them. 

Randy

Achto

If you decide to go to a class that will allow you to modify the engine, you would be better off to build a 10hp or larger cast iron Kohler engine to install in your tractor. There are numerous hop up parts for the 10 to 16hp engines.

• Like 1

953 nut

I expect you have already found this site, but if not you should check out Brian Miller.

http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/index.htm