pfrederi

Working on a 1075

pfrederi

My new young neighbor just bought home a 1075.  He works two jobs so I am going over it for him. Nice kid (kids are 30 when you are my age:P) 6 years in the Army as a Ranger. 

Hydro didn't work well at all.  No big problem tow valve as not tight.  Side note how many different locations did WH use for sundstrand (aka Wheelamatic) hydros???  Finally found it closed it and she works strong.  This is the second tractor I have worked on recently that had a red WH filter on the hydro.  How long ago do you think they stopped making those??  Fluid is draining out right now looks clean and clear.

Engine runs well but carb an throttle cable needs some tweaking.  Only significant issue so far battery not charging.  It is the regulator as grounding the field terminal slows down the engine and voltage goes up to 15..  The kid an his wife just bought the house so i am going to try filing the contacts, try to save him some $$$.

Came with a snow blade but no deck.  I have a 36" Rm-366 which I should be able to put on. The idler pulley/PTO set up on this 1075 looks much different form the 855/56 /that I have worked on.  Is there something different here??

He has 2.5 acres of grass and a bigger deck would be nice.  I have a 42" off an Electro but as i long frame I guess it will not ft.  Looking here it appears the only 42" deck that will fit is the RM-425, but the belt system on that looks like something Rube Goldberg designed while he had a hangover.

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0080.JPG

• Like 8

RedRanger

Didn't these have a cover over that hydro cooling fan???

pfrederi
1 minute ago, RedRanger said:

Didn't these have a cover over that hydro cooling fan???

Real men don't need safety shields:P  The fan blades are pretty beat and have been straightened...Probably tried to eat the shield

• Like 3

WHX??

34 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

6 years in the Army as a Ranger

Thank him for his service from all of us here. :flags-usa:

• Like 3

953 nut
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

The idler pulley/PTO set up on this 1075 looks much different form the 855/56 /that I have worked on

That isn't quite a Rube Goldberg clutch, but not stock for sure. Should look like this one.

592733a80d32d_1clutch.JPG.e9cae1074001557f4b2ed0b711a0a340.JPG

• Like 1

RedHorse54

Lol I sold that to him! Nice guy!

• Like 1