Jersilb

Added new exhaust/muffler

Jersilb

Decided to add a traditional tractor exhaust/muffler tonight. I think it turned out pretty good. Used a Ford Muffler and reduced it to a 1" pipe, welded the 1" pipe to a new exhaust port flange. Amazingly, it is a lot quieter now. Did not expect that.

Next, I might add some little headlights on each side of the hood. Probably need a little coil to run them. Well see what I can find on eBay.

IMG_20170524_210007.jpg

IMG_20170524_210119.jpg

Edited by Jersilb
  • Like 4

tunahead72

Can't see your photo. :confusion-shrug:

Jersilb

I think I got the photo thing sorted out. Hopefully working now.

• Like 1

tunahead72

That's better. :thumbs:

pfrederi

Nice stack...watch out for tree branches you may pop of a piece of your engine block

• Like 1

953 nut

:woohoo:               Looks good. I think you may want to consider adding a brace that would go down to the frame from just below the muffler, lot of vibrating weight on those two studs coming out of the aluminum casting.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Gentlemen,

I just changed the muffler on my ‘69 Charger 12.

There are quite a few Gravely 18543 aftermarket mufflers out there so I decided to purchase 2; 1 from Amazon for $45 and 1 from NAPA (7-03679) for $72. Both are made in Taiwan and while the Amazon muffler actually felt a tad heavier to me, its welded construction was poorer so I decided to use the NAPA muffler.

To complete the installation, I needed a 1.25” x 4” black pipe nipple and a 5/16” x 1-1/4” exhaust clamp (NAPA 733-5323).

In conclusion, it seems to me the sound out of the Gravely style muffler is noticeably quieter than the classic pepper pot. Worth the $80 to me! 

Link to my YouTube video:

• jmack
      By jmack
      I have a 522xi and noticed the muffler is glowing red as shown in this video? Should I be concerned and fix it to normal operating temps or is this expected?

Thanks,
      JMack

IMG_1788.MOV
    • gsemeraro8
      By gsemeraro8
      Finally got the stack installed, getting that threaded pipe out of the head needed a little persuasion but all went well, and it looks fantastic thanks to Jim Kemp!

• Blackhood Bill
      By Blackhood Bill
      Ok guys seen many pics of both original and some with stacks. My question is Is a stack quiter or is it just for looks. Just wondering.