hcminis

Wheel Horse C-195 for todays haul

coolhandblack

I bet you will have that working in no time!

• Like 1

r356c

That chunk missing out of the right rear fender...

Wheel Horse used fiberglass or rotocast fenders on some models?  :think:

It looks like there is enough original contour available for a straight forward dam and layup from the inside of the fender repair method there...

• Like 3

953 nut
8 hours ago, hcminis said:

Guy said it ran a year ago.

:ROTF:            They all say that!       :ychain:       Start with a clean fuel tank, new fuel line and filter, clean up the carburetor, lightly sand the points ( #60 paper) and new spark plugs and an oil change; it will probably be fine.

8 hours ago, hcminis said:

Pretty sure the condensor is on wrong post.

The condenser and points should be attached to the "-" terminal of the coil and the ignition switch should go to the "+" post. For testing purposes you can run the engine without a condenser, it is there to protect the points.

• Like 3

squonk

If the condenser is on the + post the engine will run like a 3 yr. old on a sugar high! :) (don't ask how I know this!) :rolleyes:

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Looks right at home there...

in front of the Mrs dryer.  :clap:

• Like 3

Pollack Pete

Nice 195.Can't be very many left in the wild.I have 3 of them.No attachments on any of mine..I use one for pulling heavy things that make the smaller horses grunt and groan.VERY capable machine.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 1

elliot ness

Great find.:text-bravo:

hcminis

Turns out the condensor is on correct post.  Old eyes don't help the situation. 

Do have a question about the wiring.  Previous owner (s) have bypassed the safety switches.  That is ok IF you wire the circuit correctly.  My question is what safety switches are Normally Closed and which ones are Normally Open?  Think I have them figured out but the wiring diagram is confusing.  Will post a picture of it shortly.  I'd like to eliminate the safety switches so it will start.  Some of those switches are missing so to save money and time just eliminate them for the time being.  I know.....that is a no no....but those are for the people that....oh nevermind. 

Edited by hcminis
  • Like 1

hcminis

This is the original wiring diagram that I found from the C-195 manual

C-195-wiring.jpg

This is what I believe can be done to eliminate the safety switches.  The only question now is the "Seat" terminal on key switch.  Will the jumper wire I have shown work or is it even needed?

C-195-wiring-1.jpg

• Like 2

hcminis

Thanks to Rodney Burger, I havea good wiring diagram.

• Like 2

hcminis

The C-195 is alive.  Well....was for a short period.  Was able to start it at least.  Now to get it running so I can test drive.

• Like 1

hcminis

https://youtu.be/vtzjj4V-JcA

Well it does run and move.  Now what to do with it.  Smokes pretty good...good....urg

• Like 1