JPWH

K341S

JPWH

I have an opportunity to buy on the guy said it sat for a few years. He put gas in it and it would only run at 1/2 throttle and 1/2 choke. Am I correct in thinking carb. issue or could it be a more expensive issue? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

953 nut
21 minutes ago, JPWH said:

correct in thinking carb.

If it runs and hasn't got any knocks or other unpleasant noises or oil smoke issues I would think a carb. rebuild, clean the points and a new plug should do the trick

• Like 2

Searcher60

I hope you have better luck than I did when I bought a c-160 past December. I rebuilt the carb, cleaned the fuel system, changed the fluids as it had been sitting for years. It ran great. No smoke, sounded great. Then, after about 4 hours use, the engine started to rattle. It got to where I had to tear it down and rebuild. One never knows how it will go. Good luck!

• Like 1

WHX??

Sorry Hank but it is kinda a roll of the dice not that hoping Dick is right. But then again if Bob Barker is in the house and the price is right?!?!:D 

• Like 2

JPWH

So far I'm hearing about what I expected. I just want to make the man a fair offer based on the best information I can find. 

WHX??

Need a little more info here then Jay, is this for just a motor or a whole tractor?

• Like 1

JPWH

The whole tractor and other parts is for sale but he is willing to sell just the motor. I'm thinking maybe 100.00

• Like 2

Searcher60

That is a very low price for a good 341. At least in this area. I offered $225 for one a while back and was rejected. See if you can pull the head and check if it has been bored.

Edited by Searcher60
Spelling
  • Like 2

jay bee
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

If it runs and hasn't got any knocks or other unpleasant noises or oil smoke issues

I think I'd be all over that 16 Horse in the $100-$200 range.

Jim

• Like 3

Wildside

IMG_1153.JPG.236b91391725b4b70085ee6f199fd467.JPGBought this one 4 yr.s ago, dayly use and all I've done is AGS, exhaust,oil , and 1 spark plug.

• Like 1