Indiana_Steve

'82 SK486...16 HP Kohler

Indiana_Steve

Anybody know about this tractor? Found it on CL today.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 2

857 horse

Gary,,,,you work WAY to much for the group.!!!!!   We wish you would be coming to the BIG SHOW,,,,,,,

to thank you for all the hard work !!!

Edited by 857 horse
  • Like 1

stratostar250

The SK-486 and SB-421 were a one year only tractor, and they were both made up of "left over" parts.  Not to say they weren't as good of a tractor or anything, because that is not true, they are both amazing tractors, the SK-486 meant "Special Kohler, 48" deck, 16hp" and the SB-421 meant "Special Briggs-42" deck, 11hp"  I'd say you have the better of the two tractors as well! :handgestures-thumbupright: that single cylinder Kohler 16hp is well sought after.  I noticed that the original owners manual isn't available here, it has not been uploaded.  I would say that your tractor is most similar to the late C-160 8 speed, which would be literally almost the same exact tractor, 16hp kohler, 8 speed tranny, here is a link to that tractors owners manual, and that should help you out.

• Like 4

Indiana_Steve

Great information. Thanks.

• Like 1

Blazer7t8

I think the SK486 has the tranaxle with 1" axles instead of 1 1/8" like the C160.  A very good tractor.  If the price is right, grab it!