erickson13455

D-160 fair price

erickson13455

I am selling my D160.  Put it in the classified section.  Put on sale locally.  Asking $1500, probably high.  Only got 1 guy interested.  What would a fair price be for a D160 with deck, blower, and 3pt blade, all in good working order?  Don't see many D's for sale.  I don't know, but I see yardmans, and craftsmans asking $500-800 for just a small old rider, in not so good shape.  Tractor quality wise there is no comparing a D series to a yardman.  It is spring around here and people need to cut grass.  I saw a guy list a 10 year old craftsman for $3000, only 50 hours, says it is rare???  The used tractor market is hard to figure out. 

Thanks,

ohiofarmer

I would be interested if the blower is a Two stage-----and if I already did not have a skid steer for snow

pgiro

Value depends a lot on location. $1200 - $1500 might be a fair price in certain parts of the country but too high in other parts.

Where are you located? I didn't see it in the classified section.

pacer

Here in N La theres a D-180 with a deck, 3 point and dirt blade that from pics is a pretty clean tractor. Though the seller does admit it "smokes a little" that started out at 15 and after 3-4 wks dropped to 1300 and as of a few days ago was still available, been listed about 6-8 wks.

pfrederi

For me if it was an Onan powered D160 it would be worth less.  Onan parts are more expensive and it uses a to me less desirable Electric PTO.  The K341 Kohler powered version has a reliable motor with good parts availability.  1300-1500 for the Kohler one is fair.

WHX??

I think your price is fair Erickson. I have seen your tractor both here and on CL and think it's worth that and if my wife wasn't looking over my shoulder :angry-tappingfoot:I would make you an offer in that neighborhood. Sure the Onan is kind of an issue but not that big if it's been taken care of. That back blade is the thing to have plus the other attachments.  Three point speaks for itself.

I think your problem with moving it is our just an our kind of area thing. Not many people in WI know anything about horses and think its just a weird off brand from yesteryear. I say leave it posted as is and if someone is interested they can make you an offer and dicker. Maybe put it on facebook?

His tractor fellas

I think its a fine looking D and if it runs as well as it looks :handgestures-thumbup:

Sarge

If I had the extra cash I'd be pretty interested in it - very nice well cared for D which is getting pretty rare these days . I think if it were a 180 or 200 it would sell faster , but don't sell that 16hp short folks - it can hold it's own pretty well albeit won't have the raw power of the K-482/532 engines , nor the extra front axle weight .

If you don't mind - can you get some general measurements on the mounting frame for the rear blade ? It would help in designing frames for some of my implements here I want to use on my D-180 since it's 3pt can pick up a much heavier load a lot higher than the long frame tractor's clevis hitches ....and I also want to build a quick attach for mine as well .

Sarge

• Like 1

pgiro

Would love to buy it but I'm in MA.

erickson13455

what measurements would you want.  Width of the pins and height?