Deadguy

522xi deal?

Deadguy

There is a 522xi listed for sale around here with 54" deck and snowblower for $1000.  Is this a decent model, and is this a fair price assuming that everything is in decent working order? 

WHX??

I saw that one as well and if I wasn't already tractor heavy in models like that I would be all over it. 522 is a great model and you would be hard pressed to get a tractor like that new with those attachments for that kinda money. 522 owners will be along.

"2003 Toro Wheelhorse 522XI tractor Kohler command engine with 54" mower deck model 78370 and 42" snowblower attachment model 79365.
Tractor, mower deck, and snowblower attachment in good condition. Included are wheel weights, chains and additional mower, and snow blower belts."

Wonder what the seller means by additional mower?

Dennys502

At that price its probably already gone.

WHX??

I think it is

RJC1965

Yep. Its is gone was hoping to have a chance to buy it for my kwik way loader well the search continues. It had 1040 hrs on it 

WHX??

Yeah that would have been a deal...how bout a nice D-160 for that FEL?

RJC1965

Have some of my fellow cheese heads seen the 520H listed in Wausau. I see it is down to $1475 from $1600 it includes a snowblower what do you think is a fair price. I may call on it and see what owner may be willing to let it go for.  The 5 series are hard to find 

WHX??

I think it's a real fair price, I paid 18 for mine but it came with a tiller, generaror, peco lawn vac, deck & blower. Only a single stage tho. Had to go to IL to get it but they do pop up now and then around here tho. That one appears to be a 96 or later has the newer style floor boards. Weights are nice.

00b0b_blvqOvJ2Hle_600x450.jpg

00n0n_eJf8fPBbKfG_600x450.jpg

Edited by WHX11

EricF
1 hour ago, WHX11 said:

I think it's a real fair price, I paid 18 for mine but it came with a tiller, generaror, peco lawn vac, deck & blower. Only a single stage tho. Had to go to IL to get it but they do pop up now and then around here tho

Yes, price sounds fair. For comparison on a 520H, I paid 2K for my '96 with just over 900 hours, with 48" deck, 2-stage snowthrower, front blade, wheel weights, chains, and a dump cart thrown in for good measure. That's in the New England area, where everything tends to cost a little more compared to the midwest. Engine hours tend to matter on pricing, as long it it got adequate maintenance for those hours.

I'd say the one in the pics above is a '97 -- the hood badge is silver. '96 has it in gold to match the "Anniversary" gold lettering.

I've learned to not like the "deluxe" style foot pads in snow country. They're plastic, and they let dirt and water -- and salt -- get under them and grind away at the paint and metal. Mine have rust rot underneath, both from salt/snow muck that got in around the edges of the plastic, plus what got splashed up from underneath worked its way around the plastic pins that the pads snap down with. I'm thinking I'll replace them with the older style and just put down skateboard tape or similar friction material that glues down solid and won't let water, mud and snow underneath. If it was used for a lot of snow clearing, check around the foot pads and under the footboards for rust issues.

• Like 1

RJC1965

Thank you both for the info I am going to contact owner and go over a take a look at it. Its only 1.5 hrs. away. I will keep you all posted on the outcome. 

WHX??

Hr & 1/2 here too RJ..... race ya :auto-layrubber: :ychain:

WVHillbilly520H
3 hours ago, EricF said:

Yes, price sounds fair. For comparison on a 520H, I paid 2K for my '96 with just over 900 hours, with 48" deck, 2-stage snowthrower, front blade, wheel weights, chains, and a dump cart thrown in for good measure. That's in the New England area, where everything tends to cost a little more compared to the midwest. Engine hours tend to matter on pricing, as long it it got adequate maintenance for those hours.

I'd say the one in the pics above is a '97 -- the hood badge is silver. '96 has it in gold to match the "Anniversary" gold lettering.

I've learned to not like the "deluxe" style foot pads in snow country. They're plastic, and they let dirt and water -- and salt -- get under them and grind away at the paint and metal. Mine have rust rot underneath, both from salt/snow muck that got in around the edges of the plastic, plus what got splashed up from underneath worked its way around the plastic pins that the pads snap down with. I'm thinking I'll replace them with the older style and just put down skateboard tape or similar friction material that glues down solid and won't let water, mud and snow underneath. If it was used for a lot of snow clearing, check around the foot pads and under the footboards for rust issues.

My anniversary 520 is a 1997 that I bought brand new ($6300) now my dedicated cab/blower rig, and 19 years and 755 hrs later no problem with floor board rot/rust... Last 2 were '95s 1 236 hrs and 48" deck $1200 (now trim mower all around worker)and the other 560 hrs 48" deck with power bagger $800 (sold with single stage in March)... Jeff.

100_0463.JPG

IMAG2480.jpg

WHX??

You sure do like showing off your tractors don't you 'Billy....:ychain:....guess I can't  blame you! :D When we gonna hook you up with a real man's ride ...say a nice C-160 or a righteous black hood? :)

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
7 hours ago, WHX11 said:

You sure do like showing off your tractors don't you 'Billy....:ychain:....guess I can't  blame you! :D When we gonna hook you up with a real man's ride ...say a nice C-160 or a righteous black hood? :)

Nah :music-singing:, just putting it out there that the Anniversary models ran through out the 97 model year by serial number as yes they were supposed to be 96 and that the newer style foot pads if maintained properly won't get "hoof rot", and price varies so much depending on attachments condition hours area and what you're willing to pay for it, and why not a couple pics too boot, I know where another low hour (less than 200 makes mine look old) Anniversary 520H is but I can't seem to get him let loose of it yet ,Jeff.