1940willys

baffling 42"rear discharge

1940willys

Looking for pics of the baffling under a 42" rd three bladed mower. I recently purchased one with no model tag and rotted out baffling. thanx, any pics would help.

nylyon

I have 3 42" RD decks, none have baffles

Rozlo

I also have a 42" RD deck on my mower that I just got last winter and it has baffles around the blades.  It seems to restrict the grass out the back.  I was told that it was for mulching and they used a Cross blades.  Does anyone know if I need them or not.  It has new blades and deck is level and it mows like crap.

nylyon

I can get pictres of the recycler later, but there are 2 types of baffles.  The older decks had a baffle between the center and outer blades on each side, but open in the back.  The recycler is an add-on baffle which completely encloses each blade.  It utilizes a wider blade, but it's a conventional blade.  The recycler is removable and the blades can be replaced with standard blades.

slammer302

Here's a pic of mine.

IMG_20170530_161012373.jpg

• Like 2

1940willys

Slammer 302, thank you for the pic that looks similar to what I have? From the pic you sent, baffling seams to go  down BOTH sides of the center blade, Correct? Now if you know the model # for that deck and the correct numbers to order a correct set of blades I would GREATLY appreciate that information too. Thanx

slammer302

IMG_20170530_175849341_HDR.jpg

I believe the blade #106635