Notfishin

Kohler K341 Exhaust Threads

Notfishin

Changing Exhaust . what size Pipe do i need to screw into the block on a K341 .One place i read says inch and 1/4 .another says Inch 1/2

meadowfield

pretty certain it's 1" NPT on K series from 181 thru to 341... 

• Like 1

Notfishin

ITS way bigger than 1 inch Pipe 

gwest_ca

Someone posted this the other day - Thank you to whoever it was

Garry

NPT_Thread_Chart.pdf

• Like 1

meadowfield

you have me doubting myself, but I've bought mufflers that are 1" pipe thread and they work, I've also used 1" bsp pipe nipples here in the UK, which are 11.5 TPI, but work well enough.

Someone tell me I'm not going nuts....

:blink:

• Like 1

WHX??

Your going nuts Meadows.... oh :text-imsorry:...your NOT going nuts!... Well it says nut job under your name?!?!? :ychain:

It's definitely not 1 1/2"  I thought it was 1" as well but maybe  1 1/4"??

• Like 1

pfrederi

The 16 horse kohler I have has bigger threads in the block then a reduction fitting to the muffler.

nipple.JPG

• Like 2

meadowfield

My k341 on Bendy definitely took a 1" BSP pipe nipple, perhaps there are more than one flavor?  maybe 1-14" on some?

<edit>  Pretty certain most k341 use 1-14" NPT...  for some reason mine took a 1" pipe nipple, there might be a reducer screwed in the block that I didn't notice though...

Edited by meadowfield

chazm

Well I found it usually depends on how many hands have repaired/replaced & or mutilated the threads, but yes ether 1npf or 1 1/4 npt.  

• Like 1

Notfishin

Yes im wanting the thread size at the block . 

Im going with 1 1/4 .  smile if its not right its just another trip to the hardware store. i have to go in there with my eyes closed ,or i come home with something i didnt really need . LOL 

• Like 2

Racinbob
54 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

It's definitely not 1 1/2"  I thought it was 1" as well but maybe  1 1/4"??

Were you that indecisive guy in the Busch beer commercial?? :teasing-poke:

All the 341's I've dealt with were 1 1/4" like the drawing Paul posted. That's not to say some of them were 1" though :)

• Like 2

scottbrucea

Here is an exhaust set up that I removed from a K341 on a C160-8 a couple of months ago. It is all 1-1/4 NPT.  You can have it if you will pay for the shipping.  The muffler and the long nipple attached to it are almost new.

Regards,

Bruce

IMG_0038.JPG

Edited by scottbrucea
  • Like 5

Notfishin

Thanks for the offer scott. . but i have what i need sitting in the truck . hope i can it installed tonight 

• Like 1

jay bee

As Paul said in Post #7, the K-341 uses a reducer down to 1" i.d. pipe which is 1 1/4 o.d.  The muffler then connects to the nipple.170120_001.thumb.jpg.94cadbdcd3a1d1d500465858105eb9bb.jpg170120_010.thumb.jpg.2de2f222ed76cd57fce07cbb6e35a5e5.jpg

The first picture is of my K-341 with the reducer and the second picture is of my K-321 where there is no reducer.  And yes, I do sell these  Mufflers and the 90 degree exhaust pipe elbow that connects it to the nipple if you need a muffler.

Jim

Notfishin

Thanks JayBee. for the info . as allways you guys are a great help 

• Like 1

pfrederi

Good luck getting that reducer out of the block!!

Notfishin

pfrederi i worked with it a little last night . no movement . figured i would give it a little heat tonight and see if i can get it move a little . 

Jim Slaaen
On 5/24/2017 at 2:11 AM, jay bee said:

As Paul said in Post #7, the K-341 uses a reducer down to 1" i.d. pipe which is 1 1/4 o.d.  The muffler then connects to the nipple.170120_001.thumb.jpg.94cadbdcd3a1d1d500465858105eb9bb.jpg170120_010.thumb.jpg.2de2f222ed76cd57fce07cbb6e35a5e5.jpg

The first picture is of my K-341 with the reducer and the second picture is of my K-321 where there is no reducer.  And yes, I do sell these  Mufflers and the 90 degree exhaust pipe elbow that connects it to the nipple if you need a muffler.

Jim

Hello jay bee:
What is your prize for the 90° bend and the muffler? I even need a 45° bend in same Inlet/outlet dimension as the 90° bend. I only got an around 1-1/4" straight tube out of the exhaust port with 1" treads (1" NPT has an OD 33,401 mm) in the end screwed  in the exhaust-port in the cylinder. The other end has no threads at all. I need it for my C-120. PS I live in Norway - Northern Europe, not in the United States, so I have a little bit problem to get exhaust parts to my WH nowadays accept making my own. If you want to, you can send me a PM.  
Best regards Jim Slaaen

Edited by Jim Slaaen

jay bee

PM sent to Jim Slaaen informing him that I no longer sell these mufflers.  But we had a lot of happy customers when I was selling them. 

• Sad 1

Handy Don
18 minutes ago, jay bee said:

PM sent to Jim Slaaen informing him that I no longer sell these mufflers.  But we had a lot of happy customers when I was selling them. 

need to update your profile to "Former Muffler Guy"? :lol: