stevebo

1057 Clean Up and Key Switch Replacement Help

stevebo

All-

I got this one with the assistance of a fellow member here (actually 2) thanks guys! Some pictures of before and after some wet sanding and buffing. Coming along decent however I need to replace the key switch as it works but does not return and that will be an issue in the future I am sure. I tried the search to find a replacement part number for the key switch for a 1057 but could not. It is a 3 poll (battery, ignition and start). Any source or park number would be very helpful. Thanks!

00E0E_hjeA5sBsPQs_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_5HaBlHrMcx6_1200x900.jpg

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4498.JPG

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4499.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

• Like 9

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 4

stratostar250

:bow-blue: I can't believe how much the color came out!!  Looks sweet!  And I know everyone will argue with me, but I still like those rear tires. :hide:

• Like 2

ACman

That looks sweet Steve... :woohoo: !

953 nut
1 hour ago, stevebo said:

key switch for a 1057 but could not. It is a 3 poll

May be best to go with a three pole and a solenoid, the 70 amp starting current rated switches are few and far between.

It cleaned up real nice;   looks great with your truck.  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 4

stevebo
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Garry

Garry,

As usual... thank you!

• Like 2

WHX??

I've got 3 '67s Steve and one has been coverted to solenoid, one has has your sticky return to run issue and one is about there. I have got replacement numbers for these 70 amp switches if you want to stay original but you might not like the price... none less than 70+. I tried all the usual lubricants and finally figured out that return spring in the switch is just 50 year old plain wore out. I fear to think what kind of carnage I might be doing to the S/G or reg. by forgetting to turn the switch to run. If the one on the 1257 gives up I will dissect it to see if it can be saved. Nothing to lose.

Anyway maybe some one in the know more than I may disclaim this but my 1067 looks like it was retro fitted by possibly a dealer available kit to change it to solenoid start with the 3 pole switch. It was done in a manner that just doesn't feel PO done if you know what I mean. Factory looking connectors and hardware. I'm sure Garry would have a service bulletin on this tho?

Pics on how it was done ...pay no never mind to the hardware and other wiring as this is a custom. Note that the wire going from solenoid to S/G is/might be orginal dealer kit? The bracket from the S/G holding up the solenoid just does not look POish unless the guy was really good  but still doesn't fit into the other PO things that were done to this tractor?  Mornlikely I am full of cow dung here but something to cud on??

BTW nice '67.. Not sure if the steering wheel is correct but no nevermind ....my favorite year!:lol:

20170522_205500.jpg

20170522_205507.jpg

20170522_205414.jpg

20170522_205438.jpg

• Like 3

WHX??

Bingo Dan....now you now why I stayed run what you brung, I just couldn't justify that cost on a custom... staying oem  or a true :wh: might be a different story.

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 2

squonk

Put a solenoid on it and don't look back. You can see mine right where the PTO bracket would be  on my 1267. You can use one of the little 3 pole solenoids that most riders use and can be found anywhere. 

sqonk_1_001.thumb.JPG.058d9918de25be3dca593800a3f69245.jpg.f0abe0170ebc893059c2cbc2b7b2766c.jpg

• Like 3

new2horses

stevebo,

I have them on hand. PM your mailing address and I will get one in the mail. $40.00 to your door. Genuine Cole-hersee.

David

Edited by new2horses
  • Like 3

WHX??
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:58 AM, new2horses said:

stevebo,

I have them on hand. PM your mailing address and I will get one in the mail. $40.00 to your door. Genuine Cole-hersee.

David

I don't know if Steve liked his but I got one from David and it is top shelf! Far less $$ than my other searches for this switch! Thank you sir! :text-thankyoublue:

• Like 1

pfrederi
16 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

I don't know if Steve liked his but I got one from David and it is top shelf! Far less $$ than my other searches for this switch! Thank you sir! :text-thankyoublue:

I got one also...Thanks to David also!!!!

• Like 1

stevebo

I got mine off ebay and this is the second one I got and both worked great.