Tgtack

Need info on what models a seat fits.

Tgtack

I have a model 857 that uses the fixed pan and a seat cover over the foam backed up by metal inserts. What other years and models does the seat used on the 857 fit? The reason I ask, is that I am having a professional upholsterer duplicate the original. If there is broad enough appeal among models and a similar demand, I may have her make up a batch. They do not seem to be available anywhere. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Edited by Tgtack
Listed wrong model
  • Like 1

rjg854

If it's the seat I'm thinking of, I'd say it was on many different models, over the course of a few years. If I'm wrong the more experienced guys will set you straight. 

953 nut

If it is the seat in this photo of @Zeek's the seat was only used for two years, but there were a ton of them made and most could use a new cover. A member here had some made up a few years ago and sold out of them. I don't remember how much they went for but there would be a market for them for sure.

IMG_1793.JPG.255ab188fa2cf3678040b83f2d914a59.JPG

• Like 2

Tgtack

I am pretty sure it is this seat cover, mine was all black. Hopefully some modern high density foam would keep them from collapsing as they seemed to do.

1257decals007-1.jpg

953 nut

The one on my 1055 is about shot!

592212a452573_2hitchweightbox003.thumb.JPG.e1eff355632c31b94a073c8171c6528a.JPG

• Like 1

Tgtack

I would say so! Mine was in tatters, but she is used to dealing with that stuff.

rjg854

Thanks 953nut , I knew someone would be along that knew better than me. 

• Like 1

Zeek

Usually, the welds are broken where the back meets the bottom, but that's an easy fix if you have a welder.

I got the cover on that 1276 at the Biglerville show. A lady was selling them for around $30 as I recall. I used my stock padding. The cover itself has a little bit of padding.

• Like 1

ACman
On 5/21/2017 at 5:58 PM, Tgtack said:

I am pretty sure it is this seat cover, mine was all black. Hopefully some modern high density foam would keep them from collapsing as they seemed to do.

1257decals007-1.jpg

I have this seat on my 1057

My 1075 has the white middle just like @953 nut and my 856 is the same seat but all black .

Tgtack
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Usually, the welds are broken where the back meets the bottom, but that's an easy fix if you have a welder.

I got the cover on that 1276 at the Biglerville show. A lady was selling them for around $30 as I recall. I used my stock padding. The cover itself has a little bit of padding.

My pan has a partial break on one side, easy fix. I don't think I can get them made for $30, the lady I have used for upholstery for 25 years told me that the ribbed insert material was really expensive these days. She only uses premium stuff which might be part of it, she has a Marine Upholstery shop. Plus I told her to get the high density foam that won't smash down like low density does.