Horse's ass

location of Oil plug on C161 Auto, sundstrand

Horse's ass

I can't seem to locate the oil plug on the transmission/hydro of the C161 auto.  Can someone please show me where the heck it is!?!?  I would think it was right on the bottom somewhere near the filter but I do not see or feel anything that looks like a oil drain.....

Thanks for your help,

Eric

pfrederi

It is a 1/4" allen plug.  Located just to the left of the piece of the hitch that goes forward under the tranny.  it is usually filled up with dirt so it is hard to see and it doesn't stick out much at all

• Like 2

daveoman1966

bottom of left side....

901137-21a.jpg

• Like 1

Horse's ass

Thanks guys!  I'll find it!

skippy1969

I love your user name,Horse's ass! LOL!!!!:lol:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• jmack
      By jmack
      I’m looking for a transmission dipstick to a D-180. Let me know if you see one. 
    • Thatoneguy
      By Thatoneguy
      So I washed my rear end and sundstrand 90-1136 and now the by pass valves leaks when I screw it in past a certain point.  If I screw it all the way in I can sit there and watch the fluid start seeping past it.   I changed the o-ring with an R-04 i believe is what it was.   Do these require some sort of thread sealer? There was nothing on it when I took it out, and when I used the valve to push the tractor in my shop it worked fine and has never leaked. Any ideas would be wonderful! 

• ljsdad414
      By ljsdad414
      ISO a Wheel Horse C161 automatic with Kohler single cylinder.  Going to the big show this Friday if anyone has one to sell.  Thank you.  
    • Doug B
      By Doug B
      Hey guys,I have a dilemma I need some help with. I have a 1969 GT 14 that I replaced the transmission and pump on. For about 2 weeks afterward everything worked great, but while mowing at a pretty good pace I noticed a shudder and the tractor slowed a little but not bad. The more I rode it the slower it got until it barely moves. What stumps me is the hydraulics are still very strong,as in I can back the 3 point under the bumper of my truck and if you lift the arms all the way up the front wheels of the tractor will clear the ground. Have checked the tow valve and checked the internal filter,but no luck. I have also checked and replaced the forward and reverse bypass springs and the lever is moving the cam to full travel, forward and reverse. Any help would be appreciated.
    • TractorEd
      By TractorEd
      I’ve decided to start this thread to keep this info together.  It’s about this C-161 I have.

It showed up at my house one day around mid-2021 as a “parts” tractor.

I had no idea this was going to be left at my door, abandoned, tired, unwanted.  I can’t remember a lot of what I was being told about it as I was staring at it wondering why I was chosen, apparently, as the one who was to strip it of it’s organs and transplant them into some other “being”.

By the time those who brought it left, even though I never said it until just now, I knew I was going to attempt to resuscitate her.

No longer an “it” she was certainly worthy of a shot at another life.  16 HP Kohler, Sunstrand Hydro and hydraulic lift!  I had already fallen in love with the C-100 I grew up with that I later inherited, but this girl had something extra, something different about her that I thought was …
      appealing.

Parts tractor?  Not if I can $@%# help it!

She was glistening.  Maybe it had something to do with the rain that day on the ride over.  But she IS glistening!