TravelinJavelin

ok more tranny questions

TravelinJavelin

ok well I've been blessed on getting a repair manual with my 953 so anyways is there a gasket that go's back on after splitting the case open? I took down motion industries part#'s for seals and that stuff just need to know about gaskets if and where there is or not and where does one get it?

stevasaurus

TORO should have the gasket...about $5.  If not, you can make one easily.  Autozone and others carry gasket material.  I use Kero-Pak...it is about 1' x 3' and is 1/32 thick.  About $6.  :)

The gasket part # 3912 from TORO.

• Like 2

TravelinJavelin

thank you very much I appreciate it!

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

ok more question?? haha ok I was looking everything over yesterday getting ready and studying on how to take off everything and took off my rear tire and I noticed on my axles I could pull them in out a little bit like 1/4" slop is this normal and I think it was stopping on the C-clips is that normal?

stevasaurus

That 1/8" to 1/4" is normal for these transmissions.  If you got anymore, you would pull the axle right out of the differential.  Actually, the slack is built in.  The one axle buts up against the other axle with the axle gear and "C" clip stopping all from coming out...or going in any farther then it does.  If you put the rear end up on blocks (in neutral), have someone push in on one of the wheels...your slack will basically disappear.  If that person pulls out on that tire, your slack will increase a little.  Perfectly normal.  :)

TravelinJavelin

beautiful I appreciate it steve I've got to go through mine I wished I could do it now now i'm on vaca but as usual broke ....need the gasket and axle seals in which speaking of how does one go about installing the seals I wished there was a vid on this alone? I know you can get most everything through motion industries, but as always steve thanks again

wallfish

"ok more tranny questions"

In these days of political correctness, you might want to be careful how you word things. :ychain:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I use what is called a carter key puller to pull out seals. Works great...the tool on the bottom left is a Craftsman.  :)

2008_0811STEVEBOS0007.JPG

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

"ok more tranny questions"

In these days of political correctness, you might want to be careful how you word things. :ychain:

C'mon really??

stevasaurus

TJ...John is just pulling your leg.  :)

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

ohhh i'm sorry the political world gets me frustrated sometimes so not sure how to take it sometimes

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I feel the same way about political BS, but if you ever get to meet @wallfish (John)...you will know he just means to have some fun.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3

wallfish
24 minutes ago, TravelinJavelin said:

C'mon really??

It was a joke! Hence the "pulling your chain" smilie!---->:ychain:after the comment. Do you not get that? Sorry! maybe it doesn't show up on a phone or something????

At least you didn't write "blew a tranny on my tractor" :ROTF: or this could've went off the rails real quick.

I'll try and refrain from any more jokes in the future! Thanks Steve!

• Like 6

TravelinJavelin

I wasn't sure I  guess on how to take it at first but its cool now my friend

• Like 2

953 nut
4 hours ago, TravelinJavelin said:

ok more question?? haha ok I was looking everything over yesterday getting ready and studying on how to take off everything and took off my rear tire and I noticed on my axles I could pull them in out a little bit like 1/4" slop is this normal and I think it was stopping on the C-clips is that normal?

Presuming the axles are the original type they will have a roll pin driven through them rather than a "C" Clip.

On 5/21/2017 at 10:56 AM, TravelinJavelin said:

gasket that go's back on after splitting the case open?

I have had good results using "Form-A-Gasket".

Related image

• Like 2