Digger 66

IH Thoughts ?

Digger 66

Any fellas with comments on this model ?

Might offer him $ 750.00 and see what the reaction is .....

Untitled_zpswbqnazuy.png

• Like 6

Aldon

Not too knowledgeable on Cubs but I've always liked the looks of that model.

• Like 1

Jerry77

Had an original Cub ( 1962 ) - great machine -- this one is probably a keeper too -looks really good for 36 yrs old...  after they all went to vertical shaft engines, it seems like  they are all  basically lawnmowers..Be sure to check the hydro out....:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

jjs342

They're on the same level of the d series. The 982 is a super garden tractor. They're a rugged machine well worth what he's asking

• Like 1

Dan Hankins

982 is fairly sought-after, never had a super but a lot of guys seem to love them.

• Like 1

jjs342

I'm not particular in what I buy. But I've always wanted a 982. But ended up finding a d200 with implements. Now it's just getting everything fixed to be able to use it. 

WVHillbilly520H

As stated above the 982 is a "super" garden tractor, powered by a 19.9 (20) hp Onan twin direct shaft driven Sundstrand hydro to cast iron IH/Cub transaxle, farm tractor style rear "turning" brakes helps make tight turns and the Cat "0" 3pt rear lift, most had remote auxiarly front hydraulic ports for a 54" hydraulic snow/dozer blade, it is longer and wider than any of the "quiet line/82" series IH CC before MTD bought them out where they were still red but lost the IH moniker only Cub Cadet on the decals then returned to the yellow and white paint in the mid 80s and they still sell horizontal shaft driven lawn tractors the XT3, but if it runs and in decent shape the price is good and so is the tractor , plus it doesn't hurt it is RED built of steel and cast iron with an Onan engine, Jeff.

• Like 1

Ken B

Looks real nice for 900.00 bucks. If a Cub Collector comes across that ad that tractor will be gone in a flash...

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor
On 5/21/2017 at 11:46 AM, jjs342 said:

They're on the same level of the d series. The 982 is a super garden tractor. They're a rugged machine well worth what he's asking

It is more like a C-195 to the other Wheel Horse C-1x5 tractors as it is a stand-alone model to the other CC x82 tractors. If the Onan is in decent shape, I'd buy it!