Aldon

Pretty decent day

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:        Two great additions to your herd.     :text-bravo:

• Like 2

Spike

Thanks to Luis and Brian for a great job today had a good time with some good guys Hope to see you again.

Spike------Jerry -------From  Norwalk

• Like 2

Tankman

Those of us with WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction) would spent hours admiring your new Stallions! :handgestures-thumbupright:

:text-coolphotos:

• Like 2

Aldon

That RJ58 thread from 2009 is really worth the time to peruse. Fireman really did an awesome job. Lots of custom stuff that look factory. I'm stoked I was able to snag it.

• Like 1

Achto

Awesome additions to your collection. The rims & tires look bad a55!

• Like 3

fast88pu

No problem aldon. 

• Like 2

Rob R
2 hours ago, Aldon said:

Today is was a great day wheel horse wise.

1) Got to go to Danbury meet and greet and hang out with great people, talk tractors and share knowledge and ride tractors. That in itself would be a good day.

2) I had already planned on adopting one of @fireman 's resto tractors and it was one of the reasons I headed there today but a couple days ago he called and asked if I would be interested in another he was deciding to pass along. I jumped at the chance. So I snagged two very nice tractors to add to my growing addiction:-)

3) My good pal @fast88pu surprised me this morning. He did me a favor as he has a bigger welder and had agreed to weld the centers into my GT22-8 project rims as I had recently determined backspace. However he has been very busy of late and I had not expected he would prioritize the favor. I met him around 8 this morning thinking we would caravan to show and he hands me my rims! Much appreciated! As it allows me to step up the pace quite a bit now on my project.

All in all it was close to a perfect day!

The RJ58 is well documented by Jeff in the thread: 
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/7124-the-rj58-resto-has-begun/

IMG_0772.thumb.JPG.8a7dfa17b1dc8135023652d5e6b1b911.JPGIMG_0776.thumb.JPG.107a3de20e4c78e69090257ada177b38.JPGIMG_0777.thumb.JPG.9373ffa43adaeaf061efda0597669bba.JPGIMG_0780.thumb.JPG.021017c3c114f83b6c25cd57b57f8aff.JPG

IMG_0782.thumb.JPG.bdf277a49c3c38bddf8e1ea0fcc55346.JPG

Here the 24x12 is next to the 29x15 TRU powers that will shoe the GT22-8 for comparison

IMG_0786.thumb.JPG.518bea34e09356e13fcbe29709f8a74b.JPG

Two sweet machines, Aldon, electric start RJ and a C160 that starts and runs a good as it looks.... Congrats.... hope you got home safe and sound... thanks for making the trip... next time I will bring my GT14 and you bring one of yours or the GT16 we will hook them together and try to give Kyle's monster puller a run for the money......  after all back tire size to stock tires should almost equal the AGs he has currently is running! Cheers

• Like 2

WHX??

Oh you dirty dog Aldon ...all I got to do today is work and look at a 50 dollar parts tractor in the cold and rain! :D Those ags would have definitely  been in the front seat!!....and the 160 ....wow:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Shynon

Wow Aldon now you have me confused:confusion-scratchheadyellow: I thought you were the king of the GT's:teasing-poke:   Great looking tractors. 

• Like 1

Aldon
26 minutes ago, Shynon said:

Wow Aldon now you have me confused:confusion-scratchheadyellow: I thought you were the king of the GT's:teasing-poke:   Great looking tractors. 

Well in early Spring I fell off the wagon and bought an RJ35. It started the terrible cycle of addiction in earnest. Once I succumbed and accepted it, I decided to go the route of "if your gonna be a bear, be a grizzly" or as my pappy used to say, if your gonna do it, do it right.

With that said, within the past 2-3 months I now have 6 of the little round hoods. 2 RJ35, 2 551, an RJ58 and an RJ58 all in varying degrees of project from complete resto/rebuild to done.

But I am starting to get to maximum capacity again:-)

• Like 2

Shynon
21 minutes ago, Aldon said:

But I am starting to get to maximum capacity again:-)

:ROTF:Oh the vicious cycle

• Like 3