Marv

Converting Engine Shock Mounts

Marv

I know that one of our members makes steel replacements for the rubber shock mounts. I need to contact them. Who knows?

Marv

Ed Kennell

58f017e76c9b0_ScreenShot2017-04-13at8_24_41PM.png.d76033b76c279d752053846bf60e1349.png

• Like 1

clueless

11 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

58f017e76c9b0_ScreenShot2017-04-13at8_24_41PM.png.d76033b76c279d752053846bf60e1349.png

I've been trying to get with this guy (2 phone calls and a bunch of emails) for over 3 months. Said he was going to make a set of these mount for me, but hasn't gotten back with me. For a guy who has one of the most informative websites I've ever seen, his customer service is null. Don't waste your time.

Marv

Thanks Chris. I guess I will just have my machinist friend make them.

Marv

Achto
57 minutes ago, clueless said:

I've been trying to get with this guy (2 phone calls and a bunch of emails) for over 3 months. Said he was going to make a set of these mount for me, but hasn't gotten back with me. For a guy who has one of the most informative websites I've ever seen, his customer service is null. Don't waste your time.

Unfortunately I had the same experience contacting this guy for parts. He did email me 2 months later..... after I already had my engine rebuilt. He did apologize for the late response explaining how busy he was, I guess local business must keep him going or he's just growing faster than he is able to keep up with. 

cschannuth
On May 20, 2017 at 3:08 AM, 19richie66 said:

Here are some for a cub plate. No flange. 

https://www.zkbrmachine.com/item.php?product_id=142

Are any mods required to use these on a WH?

19richie66

I am not aware of any. I personally haven't used them. I found them while looking at all of his other amazing handy work. Sorry.

ronhatch

Why not just eliminate all the stuff associated with the shock absorbing system? I had my local machine shop make me 4 

1" (?) high X 1/1/2" diameter spacers for $10. and simply mount the engine on the frame using the  spacers. It sure 'cleaned' up things.