Wheels

I'm trying to find out if any other rear wheels fit other than wheel horse.

Tankman

I have my doubts. Purchased a pair of nice turfs some time ago, were from a Simplicity.

The rim offset didn't work for my intended Horse.

Nice post, I've often thought about the subject.

:text-welcomeconfetti:   Check back, Horse cowboys know!.

pfrederi

:text-yeahthat:

I suppose it depends.  What you need to do is measure the backset on your current wheels and use that as a guide.  Also you need to make sure the bolt pattern matches and that the center hole is the same size.

Chris G

I'm pretty sure most of the old 6-12 rims match up. If I remember correctly its when you get to the 8.5 rims is were you have to be careful. Cause the offsets differ and the valve stem is on different sides for some. And I only say valve stem location, because example I had a set of 8.5 on a horse that we're really rough so I picked up a pair off a Ford LGT 145. The off sets we're the same but once I got them mounted and went to install the weights it was a no go cause of the valve stem.

Edited by Chris G
  • Like 1

SPINJIM

Depends on the model of WH, and the rear offset on the wheel rim.   I have a set of Cub Cadet rims on on my C-120 with Ag tires, but they wouldn't fit on a WH with Auto trans because the hydro pump sticks out farther than the 8 speed trans.     Also, might not fit on a C-121 or a 312 because the fuel tank under the seat is wider than the older models with just a tool box under the seat.    If the wheel rim rear offset is 1 1/2 to 2 inches, good chance it will fit using a 8.50 or 9.50 wide tire, assuming the 5-hole bolt pattern of correct.   Early Sears wheels and some other older brands also seemed to use the same rims.   Measure twice, and buy once.

Jim

• Like 5

Thanks Guys. Just hoping to get tires a little cheaper.

• Like 1

TY

ebinmaine
On 5/20/2017 at 6:52 AM, Tankman said:

If you're looking at a pair, good $$$ deal, get 'em. Try them and if the rim offset isn't a go you need spacers.

http://xtrememotorworks.com/Parts Catalog/Dual-Wheel-Spacers-Cub-Cadet.html

Pretty awesome lookin stuff there... Saved that to the favorites bar. Thanks !

AMC RULES

An angle grinder & cut off wheel is all you need to reset the depth of any rim center.

594059e8834ed_2015-10-25001001.JPG.313ce975afebd68caf2793d9fea308ff.JPG594059f12fef6_2015-10-25001003.JPG.cbed3364313294c9362cf7bfafdd7438.JPG59405a089c98f_2015-10-25001002.JPG.3f9ea40cd6cacb43afcbb6078e193595.JPG59405a22cbf28_2015-10-25001006.JPG.1dfdc8b7f85e1503289959e5a49d312c.JPG59405a38a4c43_2015-10-25001007.JPG.ca6ac55080ec28ebd5d2eb3546f1ecf3.JPG 

Then simply, weld into place.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

JAinVA

I only have a couple WH rims welded with a bead like shown.The angle grinder trick is the deal if your wheels are built that way.Most of my rims are spot welded at the rim/center junction.

Miller tire has rim blanks and center sections.You can weld up new wheel sets using what they have.

Edited by JAinVA

AMC RULES

Those were MTD/Crapsman rims I pictured above. 

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

An angle grinder & cut off wheel is all you need to reset the depth of any rim center......

Thanks for putting the face shield in the first photo... good safety reminder. I appreciate the demo photos 'cause I'm thinking of doing the same thing and wondered if its possible. Now I know. I have 2 inch wider-than-stock rear wheels on my B80 and all of the extra 2 is on the Inside and now I can't mount an auxiliary hitch I bought..... Yet.

• Like 1