silverbullet02

Need help finding bottom flange for a 1973 Craftsman push mower

silverbullet02

I've got a 1973 Craftsman push mower that came with Mom and Dad's house they bought 1978 before I was even a thought.  Pretty neat mower, exhaust even dumps under the deck.  Unfortunately I took it off the deck to do some work on it (Tecumseh) and in taking it apart I broke the bottom flange of the motor.  Everything else is great and I'd like to find another flange but as you can imagine it's not too easy.  Hoping to maybe find some places with old mowers one of these days around here to search.  I did some searching and have some model and part numbers if it would help anybody.

Mower: 131.90260

Engine:  143.234062  (ECV100-14035A)

Flange Assy., Mounting:  32794

I appreciate it.  I've not posted much on here because the old '75 C-120 just keeps truckin along problem free.  

Thanks,

Brian

W9JAB

1973 Craftsman push mower :ROTF:

WHX??

Sounds like it might have some sentimental value, which is cool by the way, Other than W9JAB you won't find anyone else here not wanting to help you save old iron regardless of vintage, race, color or creed as this is what many of us do for a hobby.

I would think your best bet would be to scrounge scrapyards in search of a donor engine. Hopefully this was a common engine in the day and many were produced. You may want to check brick & mortar dealers for NOS or to pick their yards. You might want to check with sears parts direct. .com just on the one in a million chance??  Any way the old one can be repaired?

Good luck with your project and in case I haven't already done so :WRS:

Stepney

Can you get a picture and post it or send it to me? I've had tons of old mowers, generally older though.. but I'm often in a scrapyard and there's a ton of old mowers. The Tecumseh's on the sears mowers share a lot of parts with the Toro Whirlwind's of the same era. 

silverbullet02
6 hours ago, WHX11 said:

Sounds like it might have some sentimental value, which is cool by the way, Other than W9JAB you won't find anyone else here not wanting to help you save old iron regardless of vintage, race, color or creed as this is what many of us do for a hobby.

I would think your best bet would be to scrounge scrapyards in search of a donor engine. Hopefully this was a common engine in the day and many were produced. You may want to check brick & mortar dealers for NOS or to pick their yards. You might want to check with sears parts direct. .com just on the one in a million chance??  Any way the old one can be repaired?

Good luck with your project and in case I haven't already done so :WRS:

Thanks!  I know sears parts direct doesn't have it and neither does any other place I've found so far that list the part.  I just broke it the other day so haven't gotten too far yet in my searches.  I used it to mow the front yard because it cuts prettier than the C120, lol!  Btw, I did just over 10 years in the Navy myself on subs.  

2 hours ago, Stepney said:

Can you get a picture and post it or send it to me? I've had tons of old mowers, generally older though.. but I'm often in a scrapyard and there's a ton of old mowers. The Tecumseh's on the sears mowers share a lot of parts with the Toro Whirlwind's of the same era. 

I attached a picture of the mower, I'll get the engine down off the shelf tonight and get a picture of it.  One thing I noticed that may or may not be rare is the front center oil dipstick location.  A lot I've seen are off to the side.  Thanks again!

IMG_0790.JPG

WHX??
7 minutes ago, silverbullet02 said:

I did just over 10 years in the Navy myself on subs.

:handgestures-thumbupright: Thanks for your service! :text-thankyoublue: was on subs myself. Ask one of the mods for a Navy insignia, you earned it!

As for you engine problem yes post a pic of what's broke and post a pic. Your best bet might be a guy like @Stepney who roams the junk yards.

silverbullet02

Hey guys, sorry I've not updated with pictures, got a little busy here and haven't had time for projects lately.  Here's a few pics of the engine.

WHX12, what did you do?  I was a nuke MM1 on the Kentucky, SSBN-737.

Thanks!

IMG_6203.JPG

IMG_6204.JPG

IMG_6205.JPG

IMG_6206.JPG

IMG_6207.JPG

Edited by silverbullet02

WHX??

Yikes I guess you did kind of blow that one out! My advice as above still stands in scrounging the bone yards.

16 minutes ago, silverbullet02 said:

I was a nuke, MM1 when I got out.

I was a forward IC man, seven patrols on USS Andrew Jackson. Started out mess cooking ended up chief of the watch. Retired USNR in 2000. with 22 years in.