VW Horse, ain't that something!         :text-coolphotos:

I don't anything about VW air cooled engines , does that thing have 2 flywheels? One on each end. It would keep your legs warm.

52 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

does that thing have 2 flywheels?

The one on the front appears to be a "Flex Plate" like you would find on an engine equipped with a torque converter and automatic transmission. Not sure what it is there fore.    :confusion-confused:

Check out the crazy shift knob!      :handgestures-thumbupright:

I'd love to see this thing run, any videos around that you know of?

Someone needs to do a harley v-twin if it hasnt been done already!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is pretty cool. That's a late model fuel injected beetle engine from an auto trans. At least the heads are with the fuel injectors still there.  It looks like it has a Webber progressive carb on it now. You can see the flexplate facing the front of the tractor, I'd be interested to take a closer look at how they have the transfer case attached to the fan Pulley on the front (back) of the motor.  I would also agree that even though there is not much load on this engine it will not have much luck staying cool without the fan.  

Edited by Busman

I'm thinking that taking that thing for a ride might be the start of a very bad day :lol::scared-eek:

• Like 1

Interesting piece of artwork that's for sure! Says abit about the builder's creativity.  :lol:

Maybe an old square back or a 411/412 would have a fan housing to fit. Fun stuff, that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WVHillbilly520H
      About 30+ years ago my dad who is now 80 was working in a sheet metal (HACV) factory and decided to make himself a rear clevis hitch mounted scraper blade for his CC 1200 to repair our 1/4 mile long driveway after winter and rain storms, so with an old pair of cast iron plow shares he got his radius to break a piece of 12? gauge steel for the moldboard approx 6" tall by 48" long with 1/4"x2.5" flat bar for the wear edge (that was later upgraded to a car leaf spring), he also bent a piece of 3/16" into a "U" for the swivel mount to the moldboard then a 3/8"x2.25" flat bar for the lift/pull/swivel arm, finished off with the clevis to attach which he also drilled to be able to tilt for pulling side ditches, long story shortened, it worked very well for many years with my body being extra weight when necessary, after I moved out to find my own way he added brackets for extra weight, fast forward to the past few winters it sat outside the shed where he accidentally ran it over in the snow with my Kioti, so the last couple months I've been in the process of fixing it for him/myself and here's a few shots of the broken to fab to final (hopefully a bit better and easier to angle plus turn for pushing version) waiting on paint stages that I just finished up today... Father's Day, Jeff.

• By WVHillbilly520H
      Custom made one of a kind front weight hanger/ bumper, engraved for the 520H ,selling as shown sandblasted in the raw ready for your choice of paint/powder coat ,with attach-a-matic hitch rod and spacers to align to frame, will accommodate 3 43# cast iron suitcase weights very heavy duty in construction all 1/2" thick cold rolled steel TIG weld on front seams as well as bolted and MIG welded from behind, Weights NOT included shown to illustrate how this works on these tractors. 

• By Tyler
      Has anyone ever made their own hydraulic 3 point/front loader systems? I would really like to put one on my 414-8 but don't want to jump into anything without any knowledge. By the way I am new here and just now learning how the site works. Thanks and God Bless.
    • By Mallory
      I'm new sorry but anybody like dual military engine horses ?

• By Navig8r
      Who has a customized/built 'worker' dump cart to show off?
      I'm hoping if I see some others, I will be get some ideas for my own.

I have an old steel dump cart.... it was "custom" made (Frankenstein-ish from many parts)  approx 40+ yrs ago, and my dad used it with his old gravely.. later with our 310-8, then later with my ZTR.... May have started life as a Gravely item, IDK.
      It is just a square cart, approx 3' x 5', x 1' deep... with 1 1/2" square pocket stake pockets in the corners, and a top hinged removable tailgate, 4.80x8 tires.
      I'll try to add a pic later.

I want to restore it to some degree, still gonna be a worker.  Want to clean up the rust, paint it WH red, new tires.
      I will create a removable front and sides that can insert into the stake pockets to increase the capacity for things like leaves and firewood.
      I'm thinking of PT decking for the side rails.

Maybe a spray-in liner material for the inside?
      My goal is workable, durable, and decent looking!