Jon Davis

269-H Transmission- HELP

Jon Davis

I am having the typical hydro transmission problems. When unit gets hot I loose power to the wheels. The unit is in great shape with only 450hrs on it. The question I have is. If I spend the $1500.00 on the new trans, is it upgraded from what was originally put in this machine?   Any help here would be great. I'd rather not trash the tractor, but pouring in all that money and only getting another 450hrs scares me a bit.  Thanks

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

Have you looked through the service manuals?

Garry

• Like 1

Jon Davis

Gary, what am I supposed to do with the manual?

953 nut

:WRS:       Read it and make an educated decision about servicing the unit you have, a little TLC couldn't hurt.

• Like 1

Jon Davis

My bad I should have put more info out there. I replaced drive belt, checked adjustments and changed trans oil twice. Second time with 20/50. Figured it couldn't make it much worse.  To no avail, no help. I'm too the point where it's time to make a decision. My biggest question is. Are these replacements tougher than what was originally put in them? Have they been updated or should I expect another tranny in 450hrs?   Thanks

Also, is there anyone out there that rebuilds these?

• Like 1

953 nut

I have never owned the newer :wh: models like your 269-H, but feel that service life should be well over 450 if properly maintained. 

:twocents-02cents:  This is just my opinion;   if it were my $ 1,500 I would look around for a good well maintained 300 or 400 series (312-H for example) with a deck for $ 1,000 or less and put the rest in the bank. They will outlast the newer stuff and work circles around them too.

• Like 1

DennisThornton

My 264 had it's trans replaced by a shop for its previous owner.  Found a good used unit but still paid a few hundred in labor.  He loved the tractor and thought it was worth it.  From what I can see they are good tractors, not quite the classic WH but still better than a lot of the new box store offerings. 

• Like 1

Snowmobileaddict

If you changed the hydro oil twice and replaced the belt, there might not be too much more left to try other than rebuilding the hydro, or looking for a new or used take-off hydro.

There's a 188 hour 5xi not far from you though for asking price of $1800

https://allentown.craigslist.org/grd/6118988978.html