6bg6ga

Chili with or without beans?

6bg6ga

This should be an easy question. Do you like your chili with beans or without beans?  Please no I do not like chili comments. Now, I will make things more difficult for some of you. Do you make your own chili? Buy it ready made in the can at the store?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-imsorry: 

Did you hit your head?  :teasing-poke:

• Like 3

6bg6ga

Like I said. Simple question for some. Not so simple for others?  

People, its called NON- Tractor Related Discussion. So, this post is legal. This is really simple. If you don't like it then simply don't answer the post.

ohiofarmer

We use more than one kind of bean in our "whatever this is chili"  Homemade.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

I like all chili. I have never eaten any that I did not enjoy...

:twocents-02cents:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1

6bg6ga
7 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

I like all chili. I have never eaten any that I did not enjoy...

:twocents-02cents:

Burger K***  tried to make chili a few years back. It never caught on maybe because of the Alpo cans in their dumpster.

I make my own chili and with chili beans not kidney beans. It contains highly spiced hamburger, green peppers diced, onions, home canned tomatoes, and a touch of dried red pepper flakes, hot pepper rings, and Habanero hot sauce.  It doubles as a paint remover.

Edited by 6bg6ga

rmaynard

Make my own. NO beans.

6bg6ga

I should have done a poll.

Achto

I make my own chili with beans and a lot of heat. :angry-extinguishflame:

• Like 2

Aldon

I like them all. 

The spicier the better.

All things being equal I prefer the all meat, no bean over the other.

• Like 2

WHX??

Beans ...and lots of them...good source of  fiber.. Most of our chili cook-offs/throw downs around here ... and there are a few of them..... don't allow beans for the judging chili.

This is a :text-goodpost:for us chili nuts. In Wisconsin chili is right up there with  beer, brats, Friday nite fish fry's, old fashions, and of course Packer football & cheese! :)

I don't think I have ever made chili the same way twice. But I always have to make two pots one five alarm for myself and one for those with weaker stomachs!

3 hours ago, 6bg6ga said:

Buy it ready made in the can at the store?

Sometimes but only when I have a awful powerful hankering for a quick chili cheese dog.

http://www.visitgreenlake.com/blog/event/wisconsin-state-chili-cookoff/

http://www.chilicookoff.com/

• Like 2

6bg6ga

I can relate to the quick Chili Cheese Dog.  Sometimes you just have a need for a chili dog and you have no home made chili so its to the pantry for a can of  Wolf Brand Chili.

Like I mentioned I make mine hot and spicy and I have had no one turn down a bowl of my chili or seconds. I pile it on buttered crackers and eat 1/4 of the bowl that way.

• Like 1

Buzz

We make our chili with kidney beans and not overly spicy. I like it over white rice and cornbread on the side. Here's a link to that "Guest Chili Judge" joke.     http://www.chilicookin.com/humor.htm

Edited by Buzz
  • Like 2

classicdmax

IMO chili should be synonymous with beans, just wouldn't be the same without

now that being said I make my beef chili with red kidney beans, chicken chili with white navy beans. As an earlier post said prob never made the same way twice. 

My friends and I used to host a chili cook off for bragging rights, it's been about 15yrs since our last. Time to rekindle the challenge

good post

• Like 2

WHX??

EXCELLENT link Buzz ...I busted a gut over that thank you! I can live with or with out the rice and cornbread is a nice add but heres another good ? Noodles or no noodles? 

Again here I can go either way on this but I never add noodles unless the inlaws or other free loaders are coming over and I  need to bulk things up abit! :lol:

Speaking of which on the chicken Classic my wife makes a white chicken chii that is absolutley killer!:)

Edited by WHX11
  • Like 1

Ken B

I prefer no beans and spicy but if it has beans and tastes good then I'm game.. There used to be a hot dog trailer in Danbury for at least 25 yrs., Big Ed's was the name.. Good dog and excellent spicy chili,  I ate there at least twice a month... Some guys here might remember..

6bg6ga

I will have to say that I'm surprised that a number of people like chili without beans. Usually the southern states prefer no bean chili and the northern states prefer chili with beans.

6wheeler

I like red kidney beans and black beans in mine and not overly spicy. We also put in mushrooms and potatoes to thicken it. Beanless chili is a definite must for chili dogs or on burgers.  On a side note? We had a chili contest at our local Eagles club a few years ago. A southern "white" chili took 1st place. My "chocolate" yes, chocolate chili got 2nd. It was good. But, I haven't made it since because after some of it? Unlike other chili's Ive had? I didn't want more. And, if you like cornbread with it? Try some Ho-cakes.They are like cornbread pancakes. You can butter em' roll em' and, dip em'. Oh yeah.

WHX??

Now chocolate sounds different wheeler....I got a buddy that puts peanuts in his and it's different but edible. Add chocolate and would one have a Reese's chili? :lol:

• Like 1

squonk

The Cafeteria where I work makes the the best industrial chili this side of the Mississippi! :banana-blonde:I just about melts down the styrofoam cups! :) My wife make a very good home made variety. Sometimes beans, sometimes not. :banana-jumprope:

Edited by squonk