Indiana_Steve

D180???

Indiana_Steve

Not familiar with the D tractors but this one is for sale south of Elkhart, IN. Runs good, mows, hydraulics all work. Not for sure what it is. They want $1500 for it (not including the Woods blade, which is for sale separate).

20170511_155341_resized.jpg

20170511_155706_resized.jpg

20170511_155722_resized.jpg

953 nut

What you are looking at is a 1973 18 Automatic. It is the predecessor to the "D18" and came with a Kohler K482S engine, that is about as good as it gets  :twocents-02cents:.    Looks good.

Indiana_Steve

Is this a low production tractor that would be worth the extra money? I don't have the money to do another project but it is a nice looking tractor. They also have the original seat. Problem is I have to drive by it everyday to work.

elcamino/wheelhorse

You got to buy it , when its gone you will kick yourself for not purchasing it. 

pacer

That appears to be a pretty nice 18 Auto tractor, price is not 'gloat worthy' but if is nice as pics show it to be then 'do it'

Not sure about low production but my impression is there arent as many of them as the 160, 180 and 200's. The drive on them are Sundstrand Hydros and when in good condition are true beasts, but can be a bit of a pain to work on and parts are scarce. Steering is another possible weak spot but it is relatively easy - tho a pain to work on also.

Most D owners are fanatical about them (I am!!) - but some horse lovers dislike them....go figure!

• Like 1

1maidenfan

That's a nice tractor, but...I believe $1500 is a bit much for what is there.:think:  It does look mostly original, minus battery and seat. but you said it comes with original seat.  3/4" front spindles are original but the 1" are better. Mower deck looks nice. 3 point hitch is a plus :handgestures-thumbupright:  Does it have rear PTO ? That would be a plus also.

"D"- Man

I agree the price seems to be a bit north, though tractor appears to be in good condition.  ask if you can test the hydro.

Indiana_Steve

Unfortunately I don't have space for it nor the extra cash. It does have the rear PTO that works, hydraulics worked, seem to run good. Has original seat. Looked in good shape for its age, no damage. Well somebody will enjoy, just not me.