6bg6ga

Power adders ? Fuel injection?

6bg6ga

Maybe I've missed it but has anyone added fuel injection to their Onan's or Kohlers or for that matter any little tractor engine?  How about NOS or a turbo?  How about 1-2 lbs of boost on that 6:00-1 compression engine to liven things up? I'm sure this would be a DIY only operation but then again maybe I'm wrong and someone offers something out of a box. You do say you have pulling tractors? Right?

classicdmax

I'd love to hear the spooling of a turbo when putting around the yard 

Howie

There was a guy around here who pulled with a Wheel Horse. He made up his own fuel injection. I did see it once

but did not look at it closely. Pretty sure it was mechanical not electronic.

6bg6ga

If you could find some information on that and post it I would appreciate it and I think others would too.  Have had a lot of vette early Corvette fuel injection experience when I was young. It worked well for what it was. I'm leaning on finding a turbo off a Rabbit or another very small engine along with the ECM control and modifying it for an Onan my trusty almost back together B43E. Which by the way will probably never have a home in another tractor unless I am fortunate enough to find  a tractor without a engine or has a blown engine.

Have built around 100 F-body setups using either turbo's or superchargers so I would like to think I have the experience. The only thing as good as a turbo spooling up is the whine of a supercharger.B)