JAinVA

Best to check

JAinVA

I removed the plastic cover on the p216 to make it easier to roll the engine through by hand.Just as he flywheel started to move I heard a scraping noise from the tin area.I removed the screen and found this.

acorn dump.jpg

• Like 7

953 nut

Looks like chipmunks have been living there for a while, best to pull all the tins and look for nests.

• Like 2

JAinVA

After seeing this mess I'm glad I didn't just hook up a battery and turn the key.That Onan would have made a heck of an acorn Cuisinart.

• Like 2

ACman

Maybe the chipmunk was hoping to have his nuts 🥜 roasted , :wh:Wheel Horse Onan p216 style  :lol: !

• Like 4

doc724

I know this thread is about chipmunks....however, mice are a common problem.  I have a friend who swears by peppermint oil and/or dryer sheets to keep the mice away.  Anyone else got any good home remedies for mice?.....other than lots of cats?

• Like 2

JAinVA

There are no chipmunks in this part of the state,I have only seen them in the mountains.I am inclined to think mice did this.Mice are a pain but the damage that squirrels did to my truck's wiring harness was expensive.

I have heard that peppermint oil is a good deterent.This was done at another location and although the cats here are the missus's pets they do keep the mice away.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Walnut shells work good for blast cleaning metal.     Fire her up and let us know if acorn shells work!     :happy-partydance:

• Like 2

JAinVA

I vacuumed them out already.Do you think I should put them back?

• Like 4

Daddy Don

moth balls work good