pfrederi

Front Mount deck carrier

Adams94

I would like to have one of those to mow my yard with

JAinVA

Gotta get me one of those.Wished WH had a bushhog type of mower.Guess that's a close as you can get.

lodestonefarm

Nice setup.  I'm looking for something just like!  Do you know if one of these carriers would work on the front of a 520 with forward swept axle?  How much room is there between the rear of your mowing deck and the leading edge of the front tires?  

I had two ideas for this

1.  move my 60" deck out front so the weight isn't being carried by the tractor and so I can attache/detach it much easier

2.  brush hog duties where I could get the deck further up in the air.  (seems like this is what you're doing).

Had a chance to use it yet?  How's it work?  Any idea if a 60" deck would even fit that rack (even with a bit of modification)?  

Thanks and nice setup!  

Volfandt

Good pic. I'm thinking of fab'ing one up using angle iron and the standard front deck quick attach mount as found on an 856. Half to work out the front spindle wheels and belt length among other particulars. Would be nice to find an OEM Wheel Horse front carrier to fit an 856 but whats the odds on that LOL.

Good find. 

maxed500

find a swisher tow behind (they made up to a 60"), cut the tongue off and fab a mount to fit it to front of tractor.  comes with its own engine so tractor hp doesnt matter.  just add rear weight and you can have a 60" deck on an 8 hp tractor.

I think it would be great to have a genuine W.H. brand front mount setup, but i'm cheap and those are not.

• Like 1

pyroplegic

One just came for sale on my local CL My question is why hang the deck out front? 

Edited by pyroplegic

squonk

To get under trees, shrubs ,cars jacked up in your  yard for 10 years ect. :occasion-xmas: :banana-dreads:

• Haha 2

pyroplegic

not for bush hogging though?

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk Don't make those bad comments about my front yard. I keep the the real ole stuff out back under tarps.

• Haha 1