RedHorse54

New addition to the RJ collection! To

T-Mo

Nice score.  It looks like it needs some new feet for the front shoes.  Must have been some serious rust on that one wheel.

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:        Got to love a survivor like that, like T-Mo said the front rim may need some repair; perhaps a case of JB Weld!   :ychain:

• Like 3

stevebo

Please do NOT restore that one. That is way too nice to restore. Great find!

• Like 9

ACman

:text-yeahthat:... that's to nice !

• Like 2

Shynon
4 hours ago, stevebo said:

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 4

Amcwheel85
4 hours ago, stevebo said:

Ditto! Wd40 bath is all it needs!

• Like 1

Ken B

Nice score. It looks like it is currently in primer to me so if there isn't good original paint under the primer you aren't harming anything..

• Like 1

Chris G

Really nice find!!!

WHX??

Hood looks real strait yet! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

RedHorse54

Well, she's on all fours, and she runs!! Just gotta fix a problem of gas not getting to the carb. The rims and tires are temporary till I find a correct set, I also noticed that the steering wheel has never been cracked before which is a plus!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 8

AlwaysLookin80

Awesome little tractor. Love the patina 

WHX??
1 minute ago, J.A. said:

Love the patina 

:text-yeahthat:It looks like it might be primer tho? Hard to tell. Either way nice score & save! :text-goodpost:

• Like 2

RedHorse54
2 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

:text-yeahthat:It looks like it might be primer tho? Hard to tell. Either way nice score & save! :text-goodpost:

Yeah it's primer 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That's a great little find, lucky dog.

Glenn

WHX??

Always wondered if a ace painter could mix up a brew of primer and other colors to try and duplicate a fine patina.

Hammerhead

I woud leave this paint as is. You can wire wheel it and bring back a lot of red paint under that rust. Or use fine steel wool on it and your choice of oil such as WD40 or Marvels Mystery oil. That will clean up nicely! Good score, leave it a1956 also.

Edited by Hammerhead

RedRanger
22 hours ago, Hammerhead said:

I woud leave this paint as is. You can wire wheel it and bring back a lot of red paint under that rust. Or use fine steel wool on it and your choice of oil such as WD40 or Marvels Mystery oil. That will clean up nicely! Good score, leave it a1956 also.

It's brown primer.  No bringing it back.  lol

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Switch the rear wheels around there on backwards.    You got a nice project to work on, have fun with it.     Wayne

stevebo
2 hours ago, RedRanger said:

It's brown primer.  No bringing it back.  lol

You may be able. I had a 702 that was primed using rusto red oxide (brown) primer by brush. I took my time and wet sanded the primer off and low and behold the original paint was there. I would try and see what you come up with. Start with a 400 grit wet sandpaper with water and dish soap. If the po did not sand off the original paint before priming it will be there and may be in much better condition than you think. 

• Like 3

RedRanger
19 hours ago, stevebo said:

You may be able. I had a 702 that was primed using rusto red oxide (brown) primer by brush. I took my time and wet sanded the primer off and low and behold the original paint was there. I would try and see what you come up with. Start with a 400 grit wet sandpaper with water and dish soap. If the po did not sand off the original paint before priming it will be there and may be in much better condition than you think. 

good point!

T McCool

If it were mine I'd clean it up and leave it, I love that old look!

Uncle Buck

Nice to see a running one left in it's workin clothes, even if it is primer I think it looks real good as is.

RJcollector
On 5/22/2017 at 7:43 PM, woodchuckfarmer said:

Switch the rear wheels around there on backwards.

:text-yeahthat:Awesome find! Don't restore it, I'd clean it up and leave it alone

RedHorse54

@stevebo I wet sanded some spots down with 400 grit, and there is original paint under the primer! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5