857 horse

8 speed transplant ???!!!!?????

857 horse

Guys,,,,,i have what might be a delema easier to fix than it seems,,,,,,,,

Last summer,,,,RoadApples and ii went to NewYork,,,,,after a cash in hand exchange We headed home with a very tired looking 867 Horse....

Things are coming together UNTIL....this past weekend I had a chance to turn both axles ((Jacked up,,,wheels off......It made ungly noises..

Wow,,,,,,,,,,what to do,,,,I am lucky to have 2 ,,,8speeds on a shelf,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but.......will a transplant work,,,,,,are all 8 speeds born equal.....????

I sent a P,M, to a trans pro here in the Square,,,,,just waiting to hear back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But again,,,,,,,still curious,,,,,,,,,

Am I stumbling into a bigger hole,,,,,than I can dig out of.???

thanks for any thoughts or opinions guys.........Howard857Horse in Va

Edited by 857 horse
thanks again
  • Like 3

953 nut

Howard, sorry to hear of the problem. For the most part any :wh: transaxle will bolt up. The things that have changed over the years are mostly involving the brake band and how the lever that actuates it is connected. As long as the exterior appearance is close to the same it will work fine.

• Like 4

daveoman1966

Here is the frame-plate bolt pattern....uniform for 4, 6 , 8 and automatics.   Thats what I like about these machines.....easy swaps.

You MAY have some linkage issues, but those parts are everywhere available from members...

PATTERN-1.jpg

• Like 6

roadapples

These guys got you covered Howard, go for it.....:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

857 horse

OK,,,,gonna clean up the one in storage and go for it,,,,,,,pics will be coming shortly

Thanks guys

• Like 4

squonk
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Howard, sorry to hear of the problem. For the most part any :wh: transaxle will bolt up. The things that have changed over the years are mostly involving the brake band and how the lever that actuates it is connected. As long as the exterior appearance is close to the same it will work fine.

HOOOOWWWWWAAAAAAAARRRRDDDDDD!!!!! Who needs brakes? :banana-linedance::)          :auto-swerve:         :banana-wrench:

• Like 4