Al C.

No Room in the Garage

Al C.

I'm looking at buying a 414-8 with FEL.  The problem is that I have no more room in my garage.  I have never stored any of my equipment outdoors.  I'm wondering, is there a way to maintain a machine and prepare a space, so that year round outdoor storage will not damage the tractor?

classicdmax

Can you build a lean-to off side of garage?

• Like 1

pfrederi

How about one of the small storage sheds be it steel wood or canvas like this

shed.JPG

ronhatch

Build a nice shed that will not only enhance the value of your property, but your neighbors as well. Storing "stuff" outside does neither.

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH
44 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I would NEVER  store a :wh: tractor outside.      My suggestion would be to park the Wifey's car outside.   :twocents-02cents:

Agree with the first thought, but regarding the advice...Oh My...The Year of Living Dangerously Revisited...Brave, Brave man...

• Like 3

Tankman
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

I would NEVER  store a :wh: tractor outside.      My suggestion would be to park the Wifey's car outside.   :twocents-02cents:

:text-yeahthat: The Horses need lovin' and tender care. Explain that to the warden Ms. . :handgestures-thumbupright:

carrot-and-stick.jpg.118f912f6ab84496eda69113c0e07b93.jpg

• Like 3

Al C.

I was afraid these would be the responses.  Looks like I might need to give up a table saw in the garage.  Gotta do some figuring.   

608KEB

Find a tarp that is breathable. Keep tires elevated. Drive it on top some 2x6 lumber. Might get some critters in the motor. Use some bunge cord to secure tarp.

classicdmax

How about overhead (loft) storage for the tools 

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
6 hours ago, pfrederi said:

How about one of the small storage sheds be it steel wood or canvas like this

shed.JPG

I has mine for 2 years and the horses stayed dry, now getting a carport style shed ,Jeff.

IMAG2427.jpg

KC9KAS

I have a "Garage in a Box" that is probably 5 years old and still in good shape.

It is 12 X 20 and I store Wheel Horse tillers, decks, trailers, wagons and the like so the tractors can stay in the barn.

ericj

I use rubber roofing for covers on my tractors stored out doors. I t doesn't deteriorate like the poly tarps from HF. I generally don't make them big enough to touch the ground all the way around. Haven't had any serious problems with them or tractors rusting. only problem is, as with any tarp if you get water under the tarp it can affect the paint. the rubber won't blow aff as fast as the poly tarp but will blow off in a strong enough wind. a little weight strategically place usually prevents this.

eric j