lercher

no spark

lercher

I did get the correct switch from an old wheel horse dealer . After I messed it up with the tsc one

953 nut
8 hours ago, 6bg6ga said:

I'm sure its a great product. I would have thought some of the brains on this forum would have come up with something as good for a fraction of the price.

:twocents-02cents:    When I and others respond to questions we have to keep in mind that the person who is seeking help probably has limited experience and just wants to get their :wh: back in operation. You obviously have a great deal of knowledge and a willingness to share it, but if the advice we give is beyond the capability of the recipient then it isn't very helpful. By offering a variety of solutions, we can let the questioner determine what will be the best fit for them. Please continue to offer advice, it is valuable; but don't knock the suggestions of other based on the fact that they might cost a few dollars. If this person took the engine to a shop they wouldn't even mess with it, they would try to sell him a $ 700 replacement!

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 3

6bg6ga

I'm trying to get people to think outside of the box. These primitive ignition systems which may seem very complex to some can be broken down and quickly understood with the help of people that understand them. Part of the problem with this hobby obsession is people are willing to spend way too much for something so simple. I'm not meaning to knock suggestions. I would like to see the abilities of those that have been here so long and do possess a vast quantity of information used. Some seem so willing to point to an out of the box solution when they do know how to make something so much better.

So, I guess instead of interpreting what I have said as a negative response try to work with me once and see if we together can put together multiple options.  Mark the possible solutions as the best solution, good solution. workable solution. In doing so after a while the quality of the posts will improve providing the very best in help.

• Like 1

953 nut
3 minutes ago, 6bg6ga said:

instead of interpreting what I have said as a negative response

I didn't consider it to be negative, just offering my take on why we sometimes offer the easy way out as an option and let the member with a problem decide.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

6bg6ga

Your right 953 nut.   There was nothing wrong with the link for the ignition out of the box kit. It is an easy simple fix. I should have been probably a bit more respectful in understanding that some aren't ready for the DIY approach as of yet. Unfortunately it will take me some time to dial down my enthusiasm for trying to think out of the box and consider other or possibly all options available for this particular fix.

• Like 2

Howie

I have used the overnight solution company twice. One was for a Sets suburban and the other surround the

ignition executor coil for a Massey Ferguson. He helped me with info to check the stator out and took care 

of me promptly. Unit works good and has replaceable parts.

• Like 2

chip61
On 5/8/2017 at 9:53 PM, Howie said:

I have used the overnight solution company twice. One was for a Sets suburban and the other surround the

ignition executor coil for a Massey Ferguson. He helped me with info to check the stator out and took care 

of me promptly. Unit works good and has replaceable parts.

As much as I like to keep things stock, I installed one of their ignition units on a Tech HH120 several years ago. Easy to install, and works great.

• Like 1

Howie

Once it is under the blower housing no one will know.:)

6bg6ga

I will know:ychain:

illinilefttackle

The word everyone is trying to spit out is "attitude". Respect, politeness,  "Help" can be either a bitter pill to take-or- a tasty piece of Candy- all dependent how how its introduced!- Al

Rob R

Input from Ed Stoller, New Fairfield CT.

There is a kill wire that grounds out both the magneto and Tecumseh Solid State Ignition, SSI. The SSI is actually a Capacitence Discharge Ignition, CDI.
When checking the ignition, it is best to disconnect the kill wire at the engine to separate the ignition from the tractor wireing. This is done by disconnecting the wire
behind the flywheel that comes from the stator under the flywheel. If you do this test and the engine runs, you will neeed to shut off the fuel to stolp the engine,

If the SSI has failed, one option is to replace it with a batter powered ignition ,so save those old switches.  See enginesandmagnets.com. I need to provide the latest configuration as the cost are coming down and I now use a modified GM crankshaft sensor to make the new trigger. Ed Stoller

• Like 4

lercher

Hey just just to let ya know I picked up another raider 10  that was ruff but ran for 150 bucks . It was the mag that got messed up but she's up and running again . I do appreciate all the help guys

Thanks

• Like 1