Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

I think I found my plow

T-Mo

As most here knows, I have been looking for a snow plow. I placed a wanted ad in the local little paper and I got a few calls. A couple of the responses didn't pan out. But today I went to look at one and I think this one might work. But first I wanted to see what you guys thought.

First, off I forgot my camera, but I did remember my tape measure. I also had the wife and my daughters with me as they wanted to go shopping for furniture, carpet, etc. So I took my van, that way I won't be tempted to just buy it before I was 100% sure.

Anyway the plow was almost in new condition, and still had the Toro and Wheel Horse decals on it and it had the model number on it (Model No. 79350). He had a rear axle attachment bracket and it seem to be very tight fitting on the plow frame, so I'm not sure if it's the right bracket or not. But I think it will do with a little persuasion or modifying. With the info I got from Stephen's thread on the 3 different type plows, I gather this one is number 3 on his list. The distance from the front pivot bolt to the rear hitch pin was 64 inches and the frame had an extra set of holes forward of the hitch pin (for small frame tractors? :D ). He gave me a price - $100 for all. That was good. He also has a Wheel Horse tiller attachment and I can get all for $200. I told him I needed to check to be sure the plow would fit but I definitely wanted it and will get back with him. He also had a mold-board type plow also.

So, bottom line, will model no. 79350 fit a C-141 and/or 314-8?

Sparky

Hey Terry. It'll fit and its a great price. Is it complete? Is the angle lever and all its associated hardware there?

If the tillers in good shape then the whole package is a better deal at $200. I sold a tiller only without the rear axle bracket 2 years ago for $350 so you could but it all and sell off what you dont want and make all yer $$ back.

Mike....

WheelHorse_of_course

Sounds like a deal.

Get the tiller too!

T-Mo

Mike,

The angle lever and all the hardware was there and still on the plow frame. Even the lift bracket was there. About the only thing I will need is the pin to hook the lift bracket from the plow to the tractor.

The tiller looks like it's older than the plow, but I think I want it also. I may be in the doghouse with the wife, but she's been wanting a small garden again, so..... :D

nylyon

Call him now and tell him you'll take both of them. With the Tiller, check to see if he has all the parts, idler pulley's and such. $200 for all is a great deal!

combatmp29r

I'll second wait no maybe third, fourth oh anyhow. That is a greta deal for a plow and tiller. ****** those bad boys up. The wife will forget about the extra money when the garden is in and you r adding the 10 or 11th new flower bed :D

Rollerman

Wow Terry....welcome to your first Wheel Horse "Jackpot"...feels good huh?

A tiller would be a very handy tool to have...I still have not found one & hope to slap one on the back of my 416 8speed with the hyd lift someday.

You said your getting a moldboard plow too or thats extra?

That link will be easy to fab up too if it can't be found.

T-Mo

I was so in awe that I found a plow, and such a nice one, that everything he said was a blur. I do know for $200, I can get the snow plow, the rear attachment bracket, and the tiller. I'm not sure if the other plow was included. I'm also not sure what all a Wheel Horse tiller should have, but it look like it had pulley or two and a belt there. It look to be either around 36 inches or less in width. From my limited experience with Wheel Horses tillers, it looked complete.

I didn't take my truck on purpose, as I wanted to be sure it would work. He had so much stuff there that I can't wait to get back there to see what else was hiding there. And Stephen, it is nice to get my first Wheel Horse "SCORE", though I need to actually get back there and get the stuff in my truck. It also nice to see this stuff so close to home - maybe I'd been wrong all along, maybe this part of Missouri is a great source of Wheel Horse stuff (though does one find make it great?). Now, if only, Frank doesn't see this thread. :D

Sparky

Terry, the tiller will have a huge pulley on it but there a seperate one that goes up front on your tractor below the PTO. Its for routing the long belt from the PTO down under the tractor and back to the tiller. I would ask if its part of it.

Mike......

T-Mo

Thanks, Mike, for that info. I'll check when I get back there. Thanks, again, for the tip. :D

bowtieguy

Terry, remember they used to shoot horse thiefs in MO back in the wild west days and I THINK they still do....good find on the blade as I don't need anymore but now just where did you say this "other stuff" was located?....lol.....just so you stay east of Jefferson City!!!!!you will not be shot.......Frank(click,click,loaded) :D

T-Mo

Now, now, Frank. Is that the way to treat a fellow horse wrangler? :D Actually I was thinking that even if I didn't buy the tiller, maybe I would let you have it. But, I'm certain I'm going to get it.

nylyon

Did you decide on getting these? It sure seems like a great deal! Plowing in the winter, tilling in the summer, gotta love that!

T-Mo

Karl,

Tomorrow I'm picking up the plow for sure. I want to be sure the tiller is complete, but I'm sure that will be making it's way home with me also.

On a related note here, I'm going to mount those "free" JD weights on my C-141, as well as the plow. I would like to pick up some ag tires for this tractor also. I'm thinking with the hydro tranny and the hydraulic lift, the C-141 would make a good plowing tractor.

If I get the tiller, I'm not sure which tractor to mount that on, though I'm leaning towards the C-141 for that also. If I picked up another rear axle attachment, then I may mount the tiller on the 314. But I probably will stay with the "C" for the tiller though.

Rollerman

Terry even if the mount that goes below the engine is not there (thats the one normally missing) I'd jump at it if the price is right.

I've passed on a few tillers missing all the hardware & have since seen a thread on another site (I'd have to dig :D ) that shows how to make hte idlers.

Funny thing is now knowing that I haven't stumbled across any more tillers. :P

That C141 would be a great tiller tractor too...they both would...but my votes on the C. :(

T-Mo

Stephen,

I'm sure the tiller is coming to my place, complete or not. But, I must tread lightly here with the wife. I'm can't even use the belated birthday gift card here as she says the "new" truck was the birthday gift (even though if was her and my youngest daughter that picked the truck out) :D . So I will get the plow and then the tiller just might fall into the truck bed somehow. :( But, seriously, I will get that tiller, either tomorrow or next week or.....The guy will hold it for me I'm sure. I will have a closer look at it tomorrow and maybe get a model number off it and see it has all the parts or just what is missing.

I'm also leaning toward the C141 as the tiller tractor also, it just seems a little more heavy duty than the 314. :P

MaineDad

Treed,

This is a great deal. The only thing to worry about is the year of the tiller. The pre 1972 tillers used an idler pulley that mounted to the transmission bracket. The post 72' tillers used the mid attach for the idler pulley. My brother has the old style on his 69' Raider 10 and it still works great - just harder to put on and take off then the newer style.

Hey $200 for all is a steal! I use a Brinly moldbaord plow and disk to do both of my gardens with my 314-8 and do not see the need for a tiller. But at that price, I'd buy it :D