T-Mo

Missouri is Closed Today, Please Use Another State

T-Mo

Massive flooding in the midwest. I-55 is closed now at the Meremec River in Arnold, Missouri. I-44 is also closed at Valley Park, plus numerous other road closings due to flooding from the monsoons over the weekend. And to top it off, it's raining, yet again.

18198360_10155436177402275_2115369631711276936_n.jpg

• Like 4

new2horses

It ain't a whole lot better here in Arkansas. Try to stay on the high ground.:unsure:

rmaynard

Look on the bright side of things. Waterfront property is always a good investment. :hide:

On the serious side though, I hope you all stay safe and dry. 

• Like 2

T-Mo

I can smile about things, but I'm high and dry.  And I have a laptop to work from home with.  Right now, all roads leading north to where I work are closed, but as I said, I can work from home.  There are others, though, who can't so those will lose some pay.  Also, and the worst part, there are those whose homes are under water, or may be cut off from getting to stores, etc.  My prayers for those. 

This about the third 500 year flood we seen here in Missouri since 1993.  There are over built levees upstream on a lot of these rivers by farmers trying to protect their land, their livelihood.  Understandable, but it just makes things a lot worse downstream where no levees can hold back the raging rivers and streams.  It ain't nice to mess with Mother Nature, as the old TV ad used to say.

• Like 7

wh500special

This is such a mess.  For interstate highways to be closed you know it's been bad.  One of the TV stations is calling for another 2-3 inches in this current event.  You're in a worse spot than I am up here a little north of you, but crossing the Mississippi today it measured about a mile and a half wide.  W-a-y over its banks.

Not up to Gilgamesh and Noah lore, but it seems to be getting there.

STeve

• Like 1

DougC

As your close neighbor to the north here in southern Iowa I have been watching the radar closely and holy cow you guys have been getting the thousand year floods quite frequently for the last few years.  

Glad you are high and dry so far and sure feel bad for those who are not as fortunate in your state.

I have plenty of life preservers and ski vests stored since the 1980's when we were all water ski nuts, If you guys need them just let me know.

Stay safe and never drive through flood waters. :)

T-Mo

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/flood-closes--mile-stretch-of-interstate-west-of/article_786b0086-fc40-5f7a-9227-f2b5107bdeb5.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share

Well, so far they kept northbound I-55 open at Arnold, but the southbound lanes were closed yesterday.  A 24 mile stretch of I-44 is closed in both directions west of the St. Louis metro area.

18274792_1333943733325655_6927179094314497256_n.jpg

13139292_1307739115907553_61038286969185478_n.jpg

dcrage

So glad I retired as of Jan 1. Now I don't have to worry how I would get across the Meramac River. I live in the center of all of these closures in northern Jefferson County. Water, water everywhere. 

T-Mo

Looks like southbound I-55 is open now.

Wishin4a416

Stay safe everyone!!

ohiofarmer

That storm came right over us and stopped. I put the radar on the intellicast weather site in motion, and the front,--in a line North to South as long as Indiana started spinning with the center point right over us and moving as much in 18 hours as they usually do in a half hour. Finally, it moved past.. I probably lost the corn in a 1.5 acre field West of the house as it is a lake that cannot drain into full to its banks creek.  Time will tell