briankd

k series rebuild parts

briankd

anyone buy parts from  " i save tractors" ??  they have  ultimate restoration kouler rebuild kits seems reasonable for what comes in the kit don't think you could buy parts separately for the money they want for kits

520HC

Don't believe they are real Kohler parts

briankd
4 minutes ago, 520HC said:

Don't believe they are real Kohler parts

that's what i was wondering the carb they offer in the kit a china knockoff probably

kasey54

I have purchased and installed 4 or five of the  isavetractors carbs and have only positive to say about them. If I had a complaint it would be  that they don't come with gaskets.  Making a gasket is not a huge deal, but hey.

I cant comment on durability as I have only used them for 3 years , but so far they have been very satisfactory to me. I have 2 new ones not used yet, and will buy them again as I need more. I'm sure they are Chinese , but these days that's the norm.

• Like 1

MalMac

The parts you are looking at are not OEM parts. I used to use OEM parts on my Kohler rebuilds. The aftermarket parts were sometimes less than favorable on their quality. Now days who knows where the OEM parts are made. Myself I can not justify what Kohler is asking for their parts. The last couple of rebuilds I have done I have used aftermarket parts. They seem to be working ok. OEM parts at 3 times the price of Aftermarket is to me just insane. Unless there is something magical about them I don't know, and since my motors are not being built to start in the Indy 500.  I'll stay away from funding Kohler's CEO's retirement fund. Don't be scared to use aftermarket, you'll be just fine.

Edited by MalMac
  • Like 3

953 nut

Haven't used the isavetractors kits, but have gotten a few aftermarket Kohler kits from bakt4kids on :techie-ebay: and had good results.

• Like 1

rmaynard

I have used the imported kits as well with excellent results and more money left in my pockets. Just remember that many Kohler parts are no longer made in the USA and are coming from Mexico and China. Buying OEM does not always mean buying American. :flags-usa:

• Like 2

WHX??

Be careful of the rings tho.  not quite up to the quality of genuine Kohler ring sets. Check these guys out just for grins Brian. http://www.psep.biz/store/small_engine_parts.htm?gclid=Cj0KEQjw76jGBRDm1K-X_LnrmuEBEiQA8RXYZw8iVtnzGbKP-lqW47sXUGRt5XoyjTQgnjeEXO5IkvQaApsT8P8HAQ

briankd

i emailed i save tractors last night and did get a reply they said they develop the parts here in the usa and then they out source the production to a company in taiwan. when they get the parts back here they do a quality control and do testing they have a engine shop that they use theses parts in to rebuild vintage GT engines and sell them all over the world.

talked to my local mower guy he says kouler don't produce parts for k series engines anymore he has to go aftermarket to get parts.that being said i may just go with the i save tractor kit   

• Like 2

pacer

I have also used the after market products - 3 carbs and 4 engine rebuild kits. While I sold 2 of the tractors and dont know of long term use, I presently have the others here for my personal use and they are performing very well.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:38 AM, MalMac said:

and since my motors are not being built to start in the Indy 500

My thoughts on this are covered very well with MalMac's comment:lol:

• Like 1