Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

Winter Chores

pfrederi

Some of the WHs are tucked away for the winter... for others their work is never done.

Was sunny today and warm +11....

The L-107 my father purchased in 1967. He and I built the trailer in the early 1960s originally for use with a Porter Cable Rider. Had to raise the trailer to match the Lawn Ranger hitch (hence the odd axle mounting). Here she is at her winter job hauling ashes and coal.

IMG_0084.jpg

The C-81 is actually my brothers..he bought it new but has since switched to a JD Zero turn. As the engine was getting a bit tired I rebuilt a Magnum 12 to put in her but kept the isolation mounting system and made no irrevocable changes. The K181 will get an overhaul this winter.... The extra weight is a front wheel weight from one of my Case tractors that gets the winter off....

IMG_0085.jpg

The Charger 12 was added to the fleet this fall. A neighbor (weekender) has a C-125 that I have worked on and I have mowed his pasture with one of my Case tractors, so one day he says he can get me an old Wheel Horse. A few days later he shows up with the Charger. Hadn't run in 7 years, but after about an hour with new oil and battery she was running (albeit with a horrible carb leak and no charging). It came with the newer 36" deck and Front Tachmatic Conversion. He said there were a few more parts he couldn't get in his truck and he would stop by the next day. Next day he shows up with a complete snow blower, Clevis hitch and sleeve hitch...and all the manuals for every item....

IMG_0086.jpg

If any one has a new (tachmatic style) snow Blower frame I would like to buy it. I have to take the conversion off to hook up the blower :thumbs:

rondo

Great looking herd you have there.

Gosh - I'm getting jealous...again. :thumbs:

Teddy da Bear

Nice looking tractors! :thumbs:

I really think that C looks sharp..

BPjunk

Paul,

A nice neighbor .... REAL NICE! :thumbs:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

MaineDad

Nice pictures. Thanks.

I want a neighbor to find me some horses too!

bell

GREAT looking tractors! :thumbs: Thanks for posting pics!

WHC-125

Great Looking horses :thumbs: :horseplay:

BPjunk

Hummmmm ..... After a second look ..... sumtins fishy

There ain't no snow on them tractor tires????? Ya' musta cleaned the snow off for them pictures. :thumbs::whistle:

pfrederi

Hummmmm ..... After a second look ..... sumtins fishy

There ain't no snow on them tractor tires????? Ya' musta cleaned the show off for them pictures. :thumbs::whistle:

Nothing fishy, no posing or beauty treatment....it is so darn cold the snow is hard as a rock :whistle:

I have to wear Yak Trax when I am walking around to avoid slipping and falling.

Just to prove she works.... (after I plow up lighter snow fall I have to blow it over/through the fence)

Chargerblowing.jpg

No comments please about the hat :dunno:

KyBlue

Great Herd ya've got! :thumbs::whistle:

And that list pic, well thats right up there with some of the ones posted by Micah - pretty sweet snow blower action shot.

Suburban 550

Nice tractors, Paul. :thumbs: Seems like you have a real good neighbor too.

Michael Bullington

I like that herd of horses!!! I like that C model with the White decal! :thumbs: