6wheeler

Small tillers

6wheeler

Hi all. I need some advice on a purchase that I intend to make. We are looking to purchase a small tiller. I am not a fan of tilling. But, my wife wants one for her square foot garden. The reason I am not a fan? Tilling tends to pulverize the soil. This can destroy alot of the micronutrients in the soil. Any way. There are alot of choices out there and some are cheap. But some are very expensive. I am interested in the Mantis tillers. Have any of you had experience with these? Or opinions on other brands? We are looking for something in a 10", that is easy to start and operate. Any help is appreciated

Achto
25 minutes ago, 6wheeler said:

I am interested in the Mantis tillers.

I have one of these & they are tough little machines. I used mine once to loosen the gravel in an established driveway before digging a trench. After making a 12ft pass there was little to no wear to show for the abuse.

• Like 1

GlenPettit

With those little tillers, I've fount that the $150 and $200 ones are just too cheap to last or to be fixed, you would be very smart to go with a much better MANTIS Tiller or a HONDA Tiller, for $300–$400, they do an excellent job and are very fixable (but be careful of the Ethanol gas).

• Like 3

Terry M

I've been kicking around the Mantis tiller with the four stroke Honda.   I have heard mostly good things about them...but still trying to do some research on the newer four stroke versions.     Never even heard of such a thing until @Shynon mentioned the brand last year....

been checking them out on "you tube".

Shynon

Have a Mantis with a four stroke Honda, light weight, quiet and starts first pull everytime.

• Like 1