RJR49

Probably fuel but?

RJR49

1975 C-160 Hydro. After all these years it started and ran fine but had a few broken bones. After a lot of welding the steering wheel is now straight, the steering gears no longer jump, and the original cam pin has replaced the " extended " pin I made because the original one wasn't long enough. Now it still starts and runs fine but randomly quits. At least nearly so because it always continues to run after nearly dieing. It always happens if I'm sideways on a hill with the left side down. Randomly when it's ideling. Going up a fairly steep hill when fuel demand is the highest it doesn't happen. I'm thinking it's the  carb but it wasn't happening before I disassembled everything and I did have some electrical issues when I put everything back together. Doesn't seem likely that the problem is electrical but I have a clear plastic fuel filter so I can see gas flowing. Any thoughts? 

I should know know the answer to this but I'm wondering if it makes any difference which wires are connected to the terminals on the ignition switch as long as the starter is connected to the s terminal

953 nut

Sounds like the float may need adjustment but as you have been doing some wiring it wouldn't hurt to check for unsecured  terminals.

38 minutes ago, RJR49 said:

I should know know the answer to this but I'm wondering if it makes any difference which wires are connected to the terminals on the ignition switch as long as the starter is connected to the s termina

:huhs:     yes I would say it is important, but if it is running and the charging system is working you probably did it right.

RJR49

I had never given the terminals on the switch a lot of thought until I crossed them up and got the starter on the wrong terminal. Other than the S terminal they are all hot when the switch is in the on position. I suppose the switch from an old car would have an accessory terminal but if they are all hot when on it shouldn't make any difference.