limited12

Hard start 312

limited12

I have a 96 312 8 speed, last 6 months very hard to start but once it started ran fine, now when it starts runs for a few min acts like it running out of fuel, then cuts off. Thinking fuel pump, opinions and should I look for something else.

Thanks

IMG_0732.JPG

953 nut

If you have been using gas with ethanol in it that could cause the fuel system to get gunked up. Replace the fuel line and filter and use non-ethanol gas (buyrealgas.com) To test the fuel pump you will first want to fill the tank, remove the hose to the pump to be sure fuel is getting to it, then remove the outlet line and crank the engine to see if it is pumping.The fuel pumps don't last for ever. I have put low pressure electric fuel pumps on a couple of mine (mounted low on the frame) and no further problems

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I had similar problems with my 416-8 mounted a low pressure electric fuel pump and solved the problem .

skrusins

Check gas cap, How does it act with the choke ie when it is dying pulling the choke help? If fuel pump 

test works good then check carb jet may have some crud.  Electric fuel pump is always a good solution.