Hukah

Stens universal ignition module

Hukah

I just put a 'Stens' universal ignition module on my SB-421.
Its finally showing a spark, but it's faint.
Ohmed out the mag and found it's shot (42,000 ohms).
I guessing the points/coil and mag went at once?

Since it appears the universal is working, i'm looking for a magneto for this model, if anybody has/knows of one.

Since I bought two universals, I'm looking to attempt to see if one will work on my 552/H55 engine.

Has anyone done this on the diode system yet?

(I posted this on "engines" board also)

6bg6ga

What is this diode system?

You could replace the mag with a hall effect sensor or another trigger, add a 12 volt coil and be in business. You don't have to stick with a mag.

Edited by 6bg6ga

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jeremiah elliott
      By Jeremiah elliott
      Looking for a seat for a 1962 552, trying to find an original, or a reproduction of the original. Would appreciate any help. Photo isn’t mine but that is the seat I am after.

• CasualObserver
      By CasualObserver
      1962 Wheel Horse sales mini brochure. Original is only 1/4 size of regular paper sheet.

Full size
      10 pages 1.8MB
    • Rollerman
      By Rollerman
      My father in-law picked up this treasure at an auction a few years back.
      It's been sitting since along the back fence row getting swallowed up by the weeds until we started clearing off the fences again & drug it to my shop.
      I think he got caught up in the bidding & paid way to much for it, but I told him it's not a total loss & I could bring it back.....with a lot of parts!
      Unless I can find a correct Briggs for it, I'll probably throw in a spare K181 I have on the shelf.
      Currently in the process of tearing it down,my FIL will paint the tins while I do the mechanical work.
      Check out the inspection window on the backside of the engine!

• rdeanrj58
      By rdeanrj58
      I have a Tecumseh electric start engine HH 60  105125J    ser. 4342D that I am attempting to put in a 552.   I don't know what the engine came from ... bought it at a flea market.    I'm trying to figure out how to wire it.   There is a quick connector with 2 wires .... one comes from stator the other goes to coil.  Do I need a voltage regulator?  Amp or volt gauge?  I plan on using a key switch and a starter button as I believe that's what it originally had.  Any help would be appreciated 
    • tgriffin27
      By tgriffin27
      My GF found this for sale while travelling and it is 160 miles from me so I can't go and look at it till saturday. From youtube videos I have watched I think it is a 552. The owner bought it at a fleamarket last year and has been using it as yard art since then. He says it doesn't steer(you turn the steering wheel and the wheels don't move) and the engine doesn't run(he has never tried to start it since he has owned it. From the pictures can you guys tell what it is and what should I be looking for when I go see it(any problems with these models or parts it should have? He is also asking $300 obo so what would you guys offer knowing it needs a total restoration and may be missing parts? I don't know wheelhorse lawnmowers at all but I love the look of them and want to own and restore one.